Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Open Think Tank is a project for sharing ideas, mechanics, and complete games much in ways that are similar to the way that software and code is shared in the open source community.

Here is a link to the discussion thread.

In this thread you can post complete rulesets if they are brief enough, links to games in the BGG database, or games that you've come to a crossroads on which are playable but never amounted to what you wanted them to be. It would be best to list a license you would like to release the game under if you are going to post a ruleset here, though it doesn't necessarily grant you any protection.

The whole point of this project is the open sharing of ideas, so if you don't want anyone messing with your game then it's probably best not to share it here.

I'll start this off with a game I'll be releasing under CC BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike). The game is called Kagami.

Kagami (Mirror)
design by Gary Boyd
Kagami is a one to four player solo or cooperative abstract using five different color sets of stones on an 8x8 board. The object of the game is for players to work together so that both sides or all four quadrants of the board match each other exactly.

Here are the complete rules: Kagami Rules and Turn Tracker in the files section.
Here is a link to the WIP discussion thread for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sixteen Stone
I released Sixteen Stone into the public domain this year. It is another abstract. This one was designed in 2015 and was tied for first in best abstract in the Two-Player Print and Play contest.

Here is the BGG Entry for the game: Sixteen Stone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Inquisition

Inquisition
3-6 Players
15-20 Minutes

Inquisition is a hidden roll game for 3-6 players. Players take on the role of medieval church leaders trying to reveal heretics and not be condemned as heretics themselves. Using hidden dice rolls they will fight to maintain the integrity of their own parishes while revealing the heretic among those around them. The object of the game is to survive the Inquisition with at least one Parish in tact.

Inquisition - Rules
Inquisition - Components
Inquisition - Components Low Ink

The game is released under the CC 4.0 BY-SA or Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ji Dan
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb

This is an abstract, territory-control strategy game I created on paper, tested for a year, turned into an app, tested for 3 more years, and have just released.

The game is almost too perfect--max 81 turns and still haven't played the same game twice--but it is also HIGHLY EXTENSIBLE.

Basic game exceptionally strong, but I'd really appreciate input on which types of extensions strategy and abstract gamers most want to see! (I haven't yet met a player who didn't have an idea for a variation

You can try the game: http://mbranegame.com/

(App is free, ad-free, contains no purchases, and collects no data.)

For the rules, you can go to:
Rules of [M] (basic) http://www.mclassgames.com/rules-of-m/
Rules of [M] (advanced) http://www.fundamentalcombinatronics.com/rules-of-m/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.