Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Canadian Backers waiting for their games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Heshka
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So anyone want to take a guess at when we'll start seeing our shipments? And how much in UPS 'handling' fees we're going to pay? Really wish they'd gone with a Canadian fulfillment partner so we wouldn't have to wait in line behind all the American orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mid January is my guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t really care when but if I have to pay UPS fees, I will lose my shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I thought this ks was supposed to be Canada friendly -and ups, omg! from past experience, there handling fees are off the chart ridiculous. Be prepared people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I think mid-January is right.

And I'm concerned about the UPS brokerage fees, too. Can you *imagine* what they would be on this game? I've got a whole Typhon pledge coming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No fees guys. Quickworthy has stated quite a few times in the comments section of the Kickstarter that funagain is paying Canadian brokerage fees. This was arranged ahead of time and is why they advertised it as Canadian friendly. It really does pay to weed thru the comments section every day at this point as there is a lot of information in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ellindar wrote:
No fees guys. Quickworthy has stated quite a few times in the comments section of the Kickstarter that funagain is paying Canadian brokerage fees. This was arranged ahead of time and is why they advertised it as Canadian friendly. It really does pay to weed thru the comments section every day at this point as there is a lot of information in there.

No. I've been through the comments there, thanks. Quirkworthy said that FunAgain would pay all taxes and duties. That's not what brokerage fees are.

Brokerage fees, or "Entry Preparation Fees", are a surcharge that UPS applies purely for the act of handling an international package. From the UPS website:

"Rates for Entry Preparation Fees are based on the value of the shipment and do not include applicable duties or taxes which are also your responsibility." And as an example: "Value $350.01 - $500: $48.25"

If we're fortunate, FunAgain will pay for UPS Express or Expedited service and eat those fees; but we don't know that. And given the volume of material they're handling and the expense that would represent, I'm skeptical they will.

Re. "Canadian Friendly" shipping: yes, that was true under the original plan. FunAgain was supposed to send all the pledges together in bulk to a Canadian hub, and then individual packages were distributed from there domestically by Canada Post. But that plan has changed: now FunAgain itself is sending individual pledges across the border. Given the confusion and late-in-the-game changes, I'm not 100% confident this has all been set up correctly to avoid these extra fees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JDarlington wrote:
ellindar wrote:

No. I've been through the comments there, thanks. Quirkworthy said that FunAgain would pay all taxes and duties. That's not what brokerage fees are.

Brokerage fees, or "Entry Preparation Fees", are a surcharge that UPS applies purely for the act of handling an international package. From the UPS website:

"Rates for Entry Preparation Fees are based on the value of the shipment and do not include applicable duties or taxes which are also your responsibility." And as an example: "Value $350.01 - $500: $48.25"

If we're fortunate, FunAgain will pay for UPS Express or Expedited service and eat those fees; but we don't know that. And given the volume of material they're handling and the expense that would represent, I'm skeptical they will.

Re. "Canadian Friendly" shipping: yes, that was true under the original plan. FunAgain was supposed to send all the pledges together in bulk to a Canadian hub, and then individual packages were distributed from there domestically by Canada Post. But that plan has changed: now FunAgain itself is sending individual pledges across the border. Given the confusion and late-in-the-game changes, I'm not 100% confident this has all been set up correctly to avoid these extra fees.

Quicmworthy addressed brokerage too a few weeks ago. At any rate, if you are concerned by that specific thing, you should go ask the question in the Kickstarter comments. You'll get addressed specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ellindar wrote:
Quicmworthy addressed brokerage too a few weeks ago. At any rate, if you are concerned by that specific thing, you should go ask the question in the Kickstarter comments. You'll get addressed specifically.

You may have missed the part where the plan now is not the same as the plan a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago, Quirkworthy believed FunAgain was shipping the material in bulk to a Canadian subcontractor. Shipping would then be entirely domestic with Canada Post; UPS wasn't involved.

That's no longer the case.

There's little point asking the question on the KS forums; I have no confidence in any answer Quirkworthy or FunAgain can offer at this stage. (This is more FunAgain's fault than Mythic's.) Nobody will really know for sure until the first pledges arrive at people's doors here in Canada, sometime in January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JDarlington wrote:
ellindar wrote:

You may have missed the part where the plan now is not the same as the plan a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago, Quirkworthy believed FunAgain was shipping the material in bulk to a Canadian subcontractor. Shipping would then be entirely domestic with Canada Post; UPS wasn't involved.

That's no longer the case.

There's little point asking the question on the KS forums; I have no confidence in any answer Quirkworthy or FunAgain can offer at this stage. (This is more FunAgain's fault than Mythic's.) Nobody will really know for sure until the first pledges arrive at people's doors here in Canada, sometime in January.

I didn't miss a thing. but you are hell bent on being victimized lol. Either go ask the question or keep the dramatics going here. Either way GL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ellindar wrote:
I didn't miss a thing.

Are you sure about that? Because I've seen you call Quirkworthy "Quickworthy" twice in this thread alone.

ellindar wrote:
but you are hell bent on being victimized lol. Either go ask the question or keep the dramatics going here. Either way GL!

Now you're reading your own drama where there is none. I've just said, correctly, that we don't know what's going to happen in January. Nor am I confident FunAgain or Quirkworthy know for sure either.

We'll have to wait and see.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JDarlington wrote:
ellindar wrote:
I didn't miss a thing.

Are you sure about that? Because I've seen you call Quirkworthy "Quickworthy" twice in this thread alone.

ellindar wrote:
but you are hell bent on being victimized lol. Either go ask the question or keep the dramatics going here. Either way GL!

Now you're reading your own drama where there is none. I've just said, correctly, that we don't know what's going to happen in January. Nor am I confident FunAgain or Quirkworthy know for sure either.

We'll have to wait and see.

Good luck!

Ya don't need luck when you take the two seconds to get the actual info you need oh and also leave the paranoia behind! But hey, you keep up the good fight of keeping yourself in the dark on purpose!

That's truly needing some good luck!

Edit: hmmm your response times coincide with happy Sunshine in the comments. Are you him? That would make SO much sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all will be fine. It was stated on the kickstarter forums that Funagain will be paying the Canadian taxes due in advance. The brokerage fees that UPS charges, is for them to assess the taxes due, collect said taxes and then remit those funds to the government. This is what makes this project Canada Friendly. Yes we pay the shipping charges, but not taxes. So as long as Funagain pays the taxes, we should not incur any additional fees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Darlington
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turok12 wrote:
I think all will be fine. ... So as long as Funagain pays the taxes, we should not incur any additional fees.

I hope so. But see my quote earlier in which UPS treats the brokerage stuff separately from anything to do with taxes or duties.

We'll just have to wait and see. I've had bizarre experiences with UPS in the past regarding brokerage fees.

I do wish FunAgain had picked another carrier. *Shrug*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I.M. Jeremic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we were promised NO ADDITIONAL FEES
if there are such fees I would request my money back
I am not paying UPS their fake handling fee never did and won't now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.