My playgroup is routinely 8-10 players, and I think they would be reluctant to split into 2 groups, so I'm trying to think if Team Kaboom (using 2 sets combined) would work well. Please let me know what you think!
1. Divide players into equal-size teams, typically pairs:
10p: 5 teams of 2
9p: 3 teams of 3
8p: 4 teams of 2
7p: doesn't divide evenly... one idea at end of post
6p: 3 teams of 2
2. Teams take turns being the Master Builder Team. (Yes, that means 2-3 players building simultaneously, using the combined sets of blocks, on the combined blob of tiles.)
3. The other teams (4-8 players total) are all Saboteurs. Divide the 18 Ammo dice evenly among Saboteurs (remainder unused):
10p: 8 saboteurs, 2 dice each
9p: 6 saboteurs, 3 dice each
8p: 6 saboteurs, 3 dice each
6p: 4 saboteurs, 4 dice each
4. Same rules as regular Kaboom (BlueOrange version).
There would be twice as many dice flying around as in a normal version, but also twice (or thrice) as many hands building at once, so I hypothesize that balance should be pretty much the same as usual? Building the Mega Tower should be more doable, but there's also more dice being shot at it, so it would still be a risky plan.
The 7p problem. Hard to divide a prime number into teams. I suppose one player could be a "designated shooter" (always joining the Saboteurs)?
7p: 3 teams of 2 plus 1 designated shooter... 5 saboteurs, 3 dice each
It would be hard to determine when the designated shooter has won/lost (though getting to shoot every round is a win in its own way!). Maybe the designated shooter scores 2 points per tower destroyed (0-6 points per round), even if it ends up getting rebuilt? I don't know. Would have 9 chances to score instead of 3.
- Last edited Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:04 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:07 am