GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,031 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Long Live the Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Witch opposite face down card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Witch moves the face down card opposite her, does the card from that position get turned face up in its new position, or does the new card activate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I read it as the face-up (witch) activates in full, then the face-down (new card)opposite the the face-up. So, I believe the card that moved into the new position flips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if the new card opposite the Witch is a face up card (which must have a higher initiative)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar with Assassin. He goes first, turns the card opposite him face down. Does that card then flip face up again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
If the Witch moves the face down card opposite her, does the card from that position get turned face up in its new position, or does the new card activate?

I believe that your first option applies. The witch has the slowest initiative, so no other card should activate after her, and a matching witch would cause both not to activate. The only way to avoid these rule breaks is if the original tile flips in its new position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pericles1958 wrote:
Similar with Assassin. He goes first, turns the card opposite him face down. Does that card then flip face up again?

I think the rules mention that a tile flipped down by another character does not flip back up again near the bottom of page 4.

Basically, the situation is just evaluated once at the start (two specific tiles that are both face-up, one up and one down, or both face-down).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.