GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,208 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Pyramid Arcade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lunar Invaders Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Braun
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have two questions about the rules to Lunar Invaders, as they appear in Pyramid Arcade.

1. Targeting error malfunction. Can you redirect a teleporting piece on top of another of its pieces? The rules don't seem to forbid this, but Looneys don't do it in the demonstration video, and it seems pretty powerful

2. Can you make change to build a bigger piece? That is, can you swap a large from the moon with a small and medium from the bank, so that the smallest piece you can build is now larger? It says making change is free to do the action you want, but this also seems out of character.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gregoryfromearth wrote:
I have two questions about the rules to Lunar Invaders, as they appear in Pyramid Arcade.

1. Targeting error malfunction. Can you redirect a teleporting piece on top of another of its pieces? The rules don't seem to forbid this, but Looneys don't do it in the demonstration video, and it seems pretty powerful

YEA! I have this same question! It came up on the Looney Labs fan forums as well and there was never really a good answer. It dramatically changes the strategy of the game once you make this realization.

gregoryfromearth wrote:
2. Can you make change to build a bigger piece? That is, can you swap a large from the moon with a small and medium from the bank, so that the smallest piece you can build is now larger? It says making change is free to do the action you want, but this also seems out of character.

Thanks!

Wow. Another really good question. This would also seem to throw the balance of the game into another arena. It is a different game with these two ideas in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.