GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,051 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

The Shared Dream» Forums » General

Subject: Card Sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tony lee
United States
arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a thread that has what sleeves to use for most games, but The Shared Dream isn't listed yet ( https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/card-sleeve-sizes-... ).

The Shared Dream was 3 sizes of cards.
Tarot
Regular
Mini

I use Fantasy Flight sleeves for all my games. The regular cards fit in their grey sleeves. The minis fit in the red sleeves. The tarot size fits in their orange sleeves, but the sleeve is much longer than the card.

FFG's orange sleeves are 120mm. I see Mayday has "Lost Cities" sleeves that are 110mm which should work for The Shared Dream. Are these the ones I should use?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could trim the excess if they're too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony lee
United States
arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to go for path of least resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the Mayday Lost Cities sleeves and they are not wide enough. Need maybe another mm or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swan Panasia 70 x 110 mm thin sleeves fit the cards very well. The 70 x 110 mm thick sleeves are pretty tight so I'm not sure how well they'd work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony lee
United States
arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
The Swan Panasia 70 x 110 mm thin sleeves fit the cards very well. The 70 x 110 mm thick sleeves are pretty tight so I'm not sure how well they'd work.

The Swan thin sleeves are supposed to be 40 microns. When I shuffle cards, I push them together, no bending. I got rid of all my penny sleeves for my other games as I found them "sticky". Are the thin sleeves like that?

I'm guessing the thicker sleeves at 90 microns are similar to the FFG and Mayday Premium sleeves in slickness. When you say the fit is tight, does it cause the card to curl? FFG's green sleeves are a super tight fit for the Arkham/Eldritch Horror cards so I'm used to having to carefully slide cards into tight sleeves.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the thin ones are sticky like you describe. I didn't see much curl, maybe slightly, but I only tried one card and one sleeve. Swan Panasia sleeves from my experience tend to vary slightly from sleeve to sleeve throughout the pack. If the one thick one I tried was a tight fit compared to the rest, they should work fine. If the one I tried was a loose fit compared to the rest, you will most likely have bowed cards. I still think trimming the FFG Orange sleeves is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony lee
United States
arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
I think the thin ones are sticky like you describe. I didn't see much curl, maybe slightly, but I only tried one card and one sleeve. Swan Panasia sleeves from my experience tend to vary slightly from sleeve to sleeve throughout the pack. If the one thick one I tried was a tight fit compared to the rest, they should work fine. If the one I tried was a loose fit compared to the rest, you will most likely have bowed cards. I still think trimming the FFG Orange sleeves is the way to go.

Thanks for all the input Paul. My office does have a very nice paper cutter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always just use a straightedge and razor knife. I go to my mom's and use her rotary cutter if I have a lot to trim. If you have access to something that can make quick work of the job then even better. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.