Subject: Map Scans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pink Pelican

Springfield
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have access to some good quality scans of all three maps for Operation Typhoon? I am interested in making a Vassal module but I don't have means of making my own scans so I must rely on internet sources.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Edwards
United Kingdom
Melrose
Please Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
working on it; my copy just arrived, give me until Mon.

if you have counter scan of rear sheets I would appreciate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Pelican

Springfield
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great. I do have scans of the front and back of all the counter sheets. Just pm me with your email address and I will get them to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Edwards
United Kingdom
Melrose
Please Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Map A copy 11x17 med quality; I'll mail you my email address and share the hi quality 22x34 jpg link and try to get B&C done today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to forward your link. Big!
Like I mentioned in the email I have no idea the amount of work involved in assembling the game pieces. I already assume it is unreasonable to think that adding the new pieces in addition to the original set will be too much to ask of the volunteer creator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The search goes on. We still want high definition scans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Thomson Bill Thomson
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I also have been asked to create a OTY vassal module in order to play a game vs opponent in France. Two of the three maps exists as a computer generate map file via paint program about 10 years ago but it is 'safely' on my network drive. Currently I cannot access my network drive, but the drive itself just hums along protecting all my data from three computers. I was going to look to see if there is a ADC module for OTY, if yes I was going to extract the map.

I have a working Panzergruppe Guderian module which utilizes the Untried units concept so have planned to adapt that.

Let me know how far along you are, either I will default to you or offer to collaborate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have map scans that are very nice already. We have older jepg counter sheet scans that ARE PASSABLE. What I was asking for was better ones before the project gets started. It is next on his list so around a week remains to find something.

Thank you Bill. I will post here as soon as I know anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
what I have done for other games such as SPI Leningrad is take the game maps to a Fedex Office, make a 1:1 scan. import into Hexdraw or Claris Draw, use the scan as the bottom layer and replicate
the map features & hexgrid on upper layers, then delete the scan. I use to have an former vassal partner (J Wise) who would a game map using Paint Shop Pro, using the game map as a reference, but lost track of him as his interests in how to spend his discretionary time went in another direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
counters
For a majority of my modules, I create the counters within vassal rather than import images. Counter quality is superior and easily edited (font, size, colors, etc individually or en mass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
My email is bill@wargameacademy.org

I in the Dallas TX area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I would appreciate your maps. I may nto be able to rescue my electronic maps off my network drive as it will not talk to any of my computers. bill@wargameacademy.org. if too large, you can use a dropbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for the creator who came forward. Here is an alternate set created 35 years after the game was made: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1ddc38f9/93
Whether or not these beauties get into the module is entirely up to him. If its faster to use the scans he has then those are still fine.
If I have my druthers I would include both sets, but right now we have nothing.

On the other hand, if someone were to use creative licence and improve the old set with color coding and improved, readable lettering, you would not hear a complaint from me.

The problem in setting up the paper version is that you have to use a list out of the rules, locate the hex number and double check everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thinking over what might end up in the vassal module.

Its been 40 years since the publication and several, but not many, errors were found in the mix. They found a very few and included them on the last page of the edition I have.

There was also a discrepancy in the mech movement during snow found from rule booklet to the chart TEC.

Also,there was an entire alternative rules version put out.

I admire the effort, but rarely use the optional rules that add additional support points to the Germans nor do I play with the free setup option.

I appreciate the package as is and fully expect to see the German whipped in deep snow and or mud. It's called simulation for a reason.

What I would like to see is the few errors in the counters fixed and the additional counters created by Edmund Hudson placed into an additional tray for people to use if they want to build scenarios with these. Have a look- http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1ddc38f9/93

Keep a lookout for this. Soon is the word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is following this thread I have the Beta of the Vassal module in hand going through the details. Looks great so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.