Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Howard
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HOly crap is this confusing .
FFG has really dropped the ball on this game . Every time I think I’ve read the last badly worded rule or ambiguous card text another is brought to my attention .
I know they’ve sold through just about every copy in the wild for this game but they really badly need to address all these problems in a FAQ and quickly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
The only things that I think need attention are the issue in this thread, and maybe some clarification on the perk cards (like Night Person). Everything else seems pretty straightforward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
The only things that I think need attention are the issue in this thread, and maybe some clarification on the perk cards (like Night Person). Everything else seems pretty straightforward.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems pretty straightforward to me: whoever has the Agenda deck is the First Player, and is the player who goes first in a round of play.

A round of play is every player at the table taking a turn.

So if the deck moves in the middle of a round because it gets emptied, finish the round so that everyone has taken the same number of turns, resolve the enemy activations. The next round starts with the new First Player. Since the deck passes right, this is likely to mean the player who has gone last in the previous round will go first, and therefore get two turns back to back (interrupted by an Enemy Activation phase, of course). In most games of this kind, that's the reward for having gone last for a while - going first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is all well and good except for where the rules say "the current player and next player don't change". If the current last player gets an Agenda card and it's the last one in the deck, the deck's going to move to before them and so the next player will be them again - which is definitely changed from before.

That's why it's not straightforward: because that reading, which I agree makes a fair amount of sense and is supported explicitly by some statements in the rules, is also directly contradicted by other statements in the rules.

Also, if the current First Player were to draw an agenda card and finish the deck, who's the First Player for the rest of the round? Is it based on the updated deck position, despite the fact the new First Player hasn't had their turn yet this round? Or does the title "First Player" not change until after the last turn of the round (and enemy activation)? Assuming the deck's actually moved, you have to remember to pend the enemy activation until after the end of the round. It works but it's inelegant and a surprise that the rules wouldn't make any mention of these issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
Which is all well and good except for where the rules say "the current player and next player don't change". If the current last player gets an Agenda card and it's the last one in the deck, the deck's going to move to before them and so the next player will be them again - which is definitely changed from before.

I agree that it's needlessly explicit but could also be interpreted to remind people that there's nothing about the shuffling of the Agenda deck that alters the order of play in that moment; that it is the end of the round in which such a change is assessed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
What is clear is that one of the following things is going to happen:

1) a player is going to suffer through two enemy activations between their turns, or
2) a player is going to get two turns before another player even gets one

I haven't yet seen a proposed solution that doesn't involve one of those two things happening. What can't be deduced from what we're given is which was intended.
2 is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.