Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: how many investigator are allowed in the campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus G.
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi!

wie viele Ermittler sind in der Kampagne erlaubt? Wenn ein Ermittler stirbt, kann ich einen anderen nutzen

Aber was ist die max. Zahl von Ermittlern, die in der Kampagne erlaubt sind? Mit beiden Erweiterungen, 16? Das klingt etwas viel, aber so kann die Kampagne immer weiter gehn und ist nicht zu schnell beendet.

Danke für eure Hilfe!

Hi,

how many investigator are allowed in the campaign? When one investigator died, i can use an other investigator.

But what is the max. number of investigator im allowed to use? With both expansions 16? This sounds a little bit too much, but so the campaign can go on and is not ended too fast.

Thank you for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smeary wrote:
Hi!

wie viele Ermittler sind in der Kampagne erlaubt? Wenn ein Ermittler stirbt, kann ich einen anderen nutzen

Aber was ist die max. Zahl von Ermittlern, die in der Kampagne erlaubt sind? Mit beiden Erweiterungen, 16? Das klingt etwas viel, aber so kann die Kampagne immer weiter gehn und ist nicht zu schnell beendet.

Danke für eure Hilfe!

Hi,

how many investigator are allowed in the campaign? When one investigator died, i can use an other investigator.

But what is the max. number of investigator im allowed to use? With both expansions 16? This sounds a little bit too much, but so the campaign can go on and is not ended too fast.

Thank you for your help!

You can use as many different investigators as you have available. I wouldn't worry about 16 being "a bit much" - it's pretty rare to lose an investigator at all. Investigators that suffer too much damage or horror in a level just come back with Trauma for future levels; you're only out for good if you take so much Trauma that you'd start the game already knocked out or if a card explicitly tells you that you are killed or driven insane.

Basically, this isn't like Eldritch Horror where you expect to replace your entire team at least once before the end. Investigators can usually make it fairly consistently through a whole campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you don't repeat scenarios, to my knowledge. If you fail the first scenario, you continue to the second. There just isn't time for 16 investigators to be lost!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clearly repeat LeonardQuirm's point in case there is some confusion here:

If an Investigator goes to 0 Sanity or Health during a Scenario, they do not "die" but are defeated and out of that Scenario and are not replaced - you must continue with the Investigators you have left (if any) while still using the starting number of Investigators for all calculations like Clues per Location.

An Investigator only truly dies and is replaced if their total Physical Trauma is equal to their Health and/or their Mental Trauma is equal to their Sanity (or if a Resolution announces their death or something like that).

It's very unusual for more than a few Investigators to die and need to be replaced, even 8 Investigators in a 4 Player Campaign should be more than enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus G.
Germany
flag msg tools
LeonardQuirm wrote:
Smeary wrote:
Hi!

Danke für eure Hilfe!

Hi,

Thank you for your help!

You can use as many different investigators as you have available. I wouldn't worry about 16 being "a bit much" - it's pretty rare to lose an investigator at all. Investigators that suffer too much damage or horror in a level just come back with Trauma for future levels; you're only out for good if you take so much Trauma that you'd start the game already knocked out or if a card explicitly tells you that you are killed or driven insane.

Basically, this isn't like Eldritch Horror where you expect to replace your entire team at least once before the end. Investigators can usually make it fairly consistently through a whole campaign.

I knew that there is a difference between death a defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.