4 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarding from Hunting deck face up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
They come with fire, they come with axes... gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers, curse them!
badge
When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold, Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold; When woodland halls are green and cool, and wind is in the West, Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!
mbmbmbmbmb
When you're forced to discard a card from the Hunting deck, do you discard it face up or down?

It was important in my last game (one beast was a known tiger, and the other unknown, so I wanted to know which one I'm discarding). I couldn't find a rule, and because in my mind discarding typically happens face up, that's what we did.

Did we cheat? (Lost miserably anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NRBH but I think that is probably up to the players. My feeling is that the game is so darn hard to win, any slight edge you can give yourself that is not cheating ... do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When there is no rule for something, I would go by thematic interpretation. in a game like this.

Did your characters see the beast as it fled? What caused the beast to go away? If it was your characters waving torches at it, sure, you caught a glimpse of it. Was it the lack of prey around your campsite that caused the beast to try to find better hunting grounds, then you probably did not see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
They come with fire, they come with axes... gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers, curse them!
badge
When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold, Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold; When woodland halls are green and cool, and wind is in the West, Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartheus wrote:
When there is no rule for something, I would go by thematic interpretation. in a game like this.

Did your characters see the beast as it fled? What caused the beast to go away? If it was your characters waving torches at it, sure, you caught a glimpse of it. Was it the lack of prey around your campsite that caused the beast to try to find better hunting grounds, then you probably did not see it.

The card is Night Attack / In Search of a Beast.

Basically, a beast attacks our camp at night, injures everyone, but we get a glimpse of what it was (a tiger!). Later, we can go track it and kill it if we have at least weapon level 3 (the threat action). But we didn't do the threat action, and so the threat effect made us discard a card from the hunting deck.

I think this threat effect represents that, since we didn't go to look for the tiger, we no longer know if he's still hanging around or has moved elsewhere. Therefore, next time I will discard a hunting card face down.

Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.