Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I missed the 2nd KS for this game, I've been doing a lot of research on what to get, so maybe if I post what I'm interested in someone might help what I need to get.

I really do not need all the mini's from 1st edition, don't mind if this is 1st edition either but I really just want to play through all of the created stories and pre-stories but I get kind of get lost where or how to get those or what I should be getting.

I also would like as many add-on's, cards etc. that go into the game as well.

Can someone let me know what set's I need and what to download off the website for Greenbrier possibly?

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gazery Pooh

Keighley
West Yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd edition would be best for you, as it comes with standees not minis. You have missed the Kick starter, but the pledge manager will be released early next year for it. And I wouldn't be surprised if they opened it up to late backers. So I would recommend looking out for that.

From this you need:
Core set
Dark Tales expansion
World Events add-on
Recipes & Crafting add-on
Equipment Pack add-on
Vita Tracker add-on (not necessary, but will be useful)

Everything else adds minis, or player aids. None of which are needed.

The Adventure Creation Kit is highly recommended, but you can download this from their website.

To get downloads that have been released, go to:

https://secure.greenbriergames.com/gne/featured_item/folklor...

Then click on Downloads and there is already a ton of stuff there.

From the Downloads section, you might like to look at the following:

The pdf of the rules
Demons & Dark Artifacts pdf story
Adventure Creation Kit (this is awesome!)
Aftermath pdf story
Folklore PnP - to try it out
Plus anything else that you fancy!

Hope this helps you

Gazery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest, for just the stories:

Core box
Dark Tales expansion.

The rest doesn't add much

World events is barely noticable. Adds some easily forgotten rules and fluff.

Recipes adds a convoluted method of getting some new gear but at the expensive of bloating your item deck.

Equipment pack could be quite useful to avoid having to write everything down. Technically everything it provides could be solved by having a well organized "character sheet".

Vita trackers would be nice because the ones provided are garbage. But you could also just use dice or pen & paper.

I'm fairly confident that if you stalk the KSer page, there will be an option for late backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent , thank you both very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.