Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!

The description of the Holiday Gift Guide says (paraphrasing) that new people to the web site might use the Gift Guide for gift ideas, and possibly get pulled deeper into the loving embrace of all that is BGG (ahem). Or maybe that was in a previous year or something.

The thing is, I couldn't see how new people could even find it, as it was not listed in any of the front page sections, nor was there a button or clickable thingie to lead folks there.

That got me thinking that maybe I had it blocked somehow. So I fooled with the BGG ad-block settings until it showed up. It is the last setting, "Block Preview" that blocked it from my front page.

Just helpful hints in case anyone else was wondering where on Earth that Gift Guide hid itself.

Which makes me wonder if maybe it should not be able to be hidden at all. But that may be another discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
People that regular this site would rarely have a reason to see the holiday gift guide, but since the point of ad block is to...you know...block ads and The Holiday Gift Guide is essentially a huge ad. I can't see why you wouldn't think it should be blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.