as. nielo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a idea to make the enemy activation turn a bit more interesting.

Late in the game, when the board is almost entirely uncovered the activation turn becomes quite hard to follow.

I would allow enemies of different kind sharing the same space (or adjace t in case of ranged foe) to fight. The stronger (higher level) enemy would win, forcing the defeated to discard and place new one, inactive. In case of tie the first player may roll to resolve regular fight action.

This way the weak buga and riders are forced out of board making it a bit lighter to progress in terms of sound game pace.

Also I would not let the enemies into settlements, expect for humans and factions. Every Fallout fan knows that settlers fight bugs robots and other unwelcome sort of wasteland inhabitants. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no such a rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm certain you are correct, there is no rule stopping an enemy from entering a settlement and attacking you. I quite like the idea of a house rule for that. I'd still suggest a ranged enemy being able to attack from another space, representing when a settlement comes under attack.

I think enemies fighting each other would be a great addition for
solo play. As it stands now the board gets cluttered with quite a few enemies all gunning for the lone player.
Multiplayer I can't be sure however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the main points of enemies on the board is to block the use of settlements. If you implemented this house rule, this blocking mechanism would be removed.

Thematically, think that the enemy is just in the general area rather than in the settlement itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
One of the main points of enemies on the board is to block the use of settlements. If you implemented this house rule, this blocking mechanism would be removed.

Thematically, think that the enemy is just in the general area rather than in the settlement itself.

I found it weird to be fighting a super mutant inside Diamond City but when you put it that way it works for me.

It would have been awesome though if in the video game, hordes of super mutants breached the green wall and you had running gun battles in Diamond City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
siljanus wrote:
It would have been awesome though if in the video game, hordes of super mutants breached the green wall and you had running gun battles in Diamond City.

When you first approach it, there's a "horde" (read: 4) of super mutants battling DC security right across the street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

True, though I do wonder if a rule stating that a player who performs a settlement encounter on a settlement can not be attacked that turn unless they move out of the settlement location would make more sense?

So if you're on a settlement space, but don't perform an encounter you can be attacked (as if you were just in the surrounding area). If you do however, it would represent you having visited the settlement itself (where you'd be relatively safe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sea Specter wrote:
So if you're on a settlement space, but don't perform an encounter you can be attacked (as if you were just in the surrounding area). If you do however, it would represent you having visited the settlement itself (where you'd be relatively safe).

What if, as a result of the encounter you had, you became vilified? Are you still safe in the settlement?

Best to just keep it simple methinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, give FF a chance to make expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sea Specter wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

True, though I do wonder if a rule stating that a player who performs a settlement encounter on a settlement can not be attacked that turn unless they move out of the settlement location would make more sense?

How does that help with the problem I stated above? The player is still able to have an encounter even if there is an enemy on the settlement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.