Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know that "fire season" is a thing out in SoCal, having lived there and been through several evacuations and near misses. My old neighborhood was entirely burnt to the ground a few years after we left. But this year the fires seem particularly bad and early, and I know at least one ChitChatter who had to evacuate. I hope everyone affected is doing better? Please check in on this thread to let everyone know you're safe and how you're doing, plus receive some virtual hugs.

Puerto Rico needs one of these threads too, but even more they need cash and infrastructure fixes, but that's a thread for RSP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no snark for this thread. I hope everybody is doing OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is wondering, I happened to spot
Math and Games With Margaret
United States
Ventura
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
posting in the women and gaming forum's secret santa thread that she had been evacuated. She was one of the prize winners of this year's Taco eating challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
If anyone is wondering, I happened to spot
Math and Games With Margaret
United States
Ventura
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
posting in the women and gaming forum's secret santa thread that she had been evacuated. She was one of the prize winners of this year's Taco eating challenge.

She's back home now. All is OK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Margaret's my roommate, and yes, we've moved back into our house and there's been no property damage for us. We're still dealing with all the smoke and ash here in Ventura, but there's no current danger. Other cities and outlying areas are under increased threat the last couple of days. Most of what has burned is the hills and foothills behind the city, though on that first night, the fires did tear through many of the houses up on the hillsides.

If anyone wants more details, feel free to ask, and I'll respond as I get the chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Margaret's my roommate, and yes, we've moved back into our house and there's been no property damage for us.

Glad to hear it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in the SGV, so I’m fine. We could see huge plumes of smoke when I drop my wife off at work in Hollywood.

I have to drive through Santa Clarita en route to a Spartan Race today. That could be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Most of what has burned is the hills and foothills behind the city, though on that first night, the fires did tear through many of the houses up on the hillsides.

“Hills” is the key here. Every time there’s a fire, my parents (in NC) freak out. No amount of explaining to them that we live on flat land a few miles from hills or mountains quell their fears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.