Subject: Character Sheet Generator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We got our copy of Legacy of Dragonholt today! While looking through the resources, we found the nice pre-made character sheets from FFG. We decided that we wanted our character sheets to look cool too (with pictures and textured backgrounds). So, we've made a tool so everyone can create slick looking character sheets! Enjoy!

Best Experienced Using Google Chrome: Character Sheet Generator - Kelsam Tabletop

- Kelsam

UPDATE: We also made a one-sheet story tracker and full-sheet notes pages. Both available from the same link above.

• [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelsam wrote:
We got our copy of Legacy of Dragonholt today! While looking through the resources, we found the nice pre-made character sheets from FFG. We decided that we wanted our character sheets to look cool too (with pictures and textured backgrounds). So, we've made a tool so everyone can create slick looking character sheets! Enjoy!

http://lodchargen.tabletop.samnkels.com/
(mods: we'll update this to the web link once it's approved)

- Kelsam

yes, please post when file is ready!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gingras
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very cool!! Thanks Kelsam!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bruno
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is great! Thanks so much; it was just what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lam
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
please post when file is ready!!!

No file necessary. Just follow the link, fill in the information (all fields are editable and can be tabbed through), and then click "print". You can create a nice Character Sheet in-browser

Sp00ns wrote:
Very cool!! Thanks Kelsam!!!
iamsumo72 wrote:
This is great! Thanks so much; it was just what I was looking for.
Hakka Games wrote:
Thank you, looks great!

You're all very, very welcome!

- Kelsam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i was only asking because once that link is "gone" so will the generator...was hoping it was a file/small program similar to the one for Talisman (where you can download it to your PC for example, and then will always have it)...

(my game isn't here yet, 2 more days, but this looks great!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent work, I like it!

Any chance of adding some default images for people to choose from, even if only ones from the character book?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
i was only asking because once that link is "gone" so will the generator...was hoping it was a file/small program similar to the one for Talisman (where you can download it to your PC for example, and then will always have it)...

We have no interest in maintaining an offline version, sorry. (I had a rather long-winded explanation typed out for this, but none of it really served to say much other than "there wouldn't be any point", so I removed it. -Sam)

tigerwalms wrote:
Any chance of adding some default images for people to choose from, even if only ones from the character book?

Well, we wouldn't host the art from the character book, but we may add a feature to select a photo from an array of public domain fantasy artwork or some such

- Kelsam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not really enough room to put your background as only allows a few sentences. However I realise it is tricky to fit everything on the one sheet. Apart from that great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
There's not really enough room to put your background as only allows a few sentences. However I realise it is tricky to fit everything on the one sheet. Apart from that great job.

The 3 text areas in the bottom right can all be resized/adjusted so you can make some sections taller/shorter (click and hold the handle in the bottom right of the text area). If that doesn't solve your problem, we'd like a copy of what background, personality, and physical descriptions you're trying to input; and perhaps we can re-assess

- Kelsam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Kelsam wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

The 3 text areas in the bottom right can all be resized/adjusted so you can make some sections taller/shorter (click and hold the handle in the bottom right of the text area). If that doesn't solve your problem, we'd like a copy of what background, personality, and physical descriptions you're trying to input; and perhaps we can re-assess

- Kelsam
I notice that the functionality of this feature seems to be browser dependant. Please note that this isn't a complaint, just letting both parties be aware that it might be due to the use of different browsers.

It performs as you say when I tried Chrome but when using Explorer a set of scroll bars appear instead of the resize icon.

Explorer
No resize icon, scroll bars are always present, text areas remain fixed (text scrolls within text area).

Chrome
Resize icon present, scroll bars only appear when required, text areas can be varied.

I suspect when printed, both will produce the same result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
xris wrote:
I notice that the functionality of this feature seems to be browser dependant. Please note that this isn't a complaint, just letting both parties be aware that it might be due to the use of different browsers.

It performs as you say when I tried Chrome but when using Explorer a set of scroll bars appear instead of the resize icon.

Explorer
No resize icon, scroll bars are always present, text areas remain fixed (text scrolls within text area).

Chrome
Resize icon present, scroll bars only appear when required, text areas can be varied.

I suspect when printed, both will produce the same result.

Ah, thank you! Yes, please only use Chrome when using this tool (and honestly, anything else). Also, when printed, Chrome will hide the resize handles and placeholder texts.

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't seem to be able to print it off with the nice background, it just prints to a plain white background?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
I don't seem to be able to print it off with the nice background, it just prints to a plain white background?

Do you have the "Ink Friendly" checkbox near the top selected (this disables the parchment texture)? If not, what browser/OS/device are you using?

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelsam wrote:
tigerwalms wrote:

Do you have the "Ink Friendly" checkbox near the top selected (this disables the parchment texture)? If not, what browser/OS/device are you using?

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop
i do not have the "ink friendly" box checked, and i also get just the white BG...used IE and Firefox, same result...(on my PC)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
i do not have the "ink friendly" box checked, and i also get just the white BG...used IE and Firefox, same result...(on my PC)

Ah, yes, please use Google Chrome.

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelsam wrote:
John_VW wrote:

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop
it's a "pass for me" then; every time i've installed google chrome it's messed up my PC...to the point that i've had to uninstall it (3 times)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelsam wrote:
John_VW wrote:

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop
I have the box unchecked and am using google chrome and it still doesn't print out the background. A friend tried it too and it's the same for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
I have the box unchecked and am using google chrome and it still doesn't print out the background. A friend tried it too and it's the same for him.

In the print dialog, make sure the "Background graphics" option is checked. Does that fix it? If not, what OS/device are you using?

In the tool, there is a CSS directive asking webkit (Chrome's framework/base) to enable this option by default, but it's fairly new and doesn't always work depending on your browser version and such.

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sam...i don't see an option on my end for "background graphics"? i can print duplex, but i've checked under each tab and do not see a "bg graphics" option anywhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
John_VW wrote:
sam...i don't see an option on my end for "background graphics"? i can print duplex, but i've checked under each tab and do not see a "bg graphics" option anywhere...
When I try this, I have to click on + More Setting to see the Background graphics checkbox. It's part of the three checkboxes for Options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
John_VW wrote:
When I try this, I have to click on + More Setting to see the Background graphics checkbox. It's part of the three checkboxes for Options.
i don't have a "more settings"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
John_VW wrote:
xris wrote:
John_VW wrote:
I don't think we can lay the blame on the door of Kelsam that your installation of Chrome doesn't appear to have all its usual functionality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
Kelsam wrote:
John_VW wrote:

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop
it's a "pass for me" then; every time i've installed google chrome it's messed up my PC...to the point that i've had to uninstall it (3 times)...

John_VW wrote:

That information only pertains to printing via Google Chrome.

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |