Subject: Campaign Tiers Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Brachmann
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question about playing the campaign mode on Novice and Standard difficulty.

The rules state the following information:
Novice: Before the game begins, advance to experience level 2. This includes gaining a second potion.

Standard: Before the game begins, draw one card and claim it as experience. Gain one extra checkmark at the end of each game.

So the question is, when it says "Before the game begins" and the following rule, does this happen each time you begin a new dungeon run, or only the first time? I played a Standard Campaign for 7 runs and only did the experience thing the first run. The same question can be applied to the novice difficulty.

Thanks for the help! I feel like I've robbed myself of some added assistance when playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
'The game' is a single dungeon run, not a campaign. All your stats and skills reset to base (plus any earned campaign bonuses) before you begin a new dungeon, and you apply the difficulty adjustment when you set up the dungeon. You are correct that you shorted yourself if you were intending to play on novice or standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.