Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, quick question!

So, lets say a new quest was played that says a "Star" faction token appears in a specific space on the board. If that faction is placed in a space with a player, and if that faction has the "aggressive" trait, does a battle immediately occur?

Reason I ask: The rules say that if a player moves into a space with an aggressive enemy, or if an aggressive enemy moves into a player's space, a battle occurs. However, in the above example, no movement occurred. Unless, taking a faction token from the supply and placing it on a space on the board is counted as a 'movement'?

That's my main question. One last thing:

Both factions will actively attack you if you have no loyalty declared, correct? I want to be sure I didn't miss some 'neutral position' rule.

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have it in front of me, but I believe in the rules reference it says that if an enemy with the aggressive trait is placed on a space with an survivor it does not trigger a fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selina Ryan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's correct
IF an enemy is aggressive, it will fight you if moved or placed in your space.

Yes to the last question too, if you have loyalty to one faction, their tokens won't fight you, and they'll move towards the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.C. Hamlin
United States
Medina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hitotsumami wrote:

So, lets say a new quest was played that says a "Star" faction token appears in a specific space on the board. If that faction is placed in a space with a player, and if that faction has the "aggressive" trait, does a battle immediately occur?

Reason I ask: The rules say that if a player moves into a space with an aggressive enemy, or if an aggressive enemy moves into a player's space, a battle occurs. However, in the above example, no movement occurred. Unless, taking a faction token from the supply and placing it on a space on the board is counted as a 'movement'?

Both factions will actively attack you if you have no loyalty declared, correct? I want to be sure I didn't miss some 'neutral position' rule.

Thanks everyone!

Fallout Rules Reference, page 6, Enemy Abilities wrote:
An enemy with this ability being placed or becoming active
in the same space as a survivor does not cause a fight.

-J.C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sinisterselina wrote:
That's correct
IF an enemy is aggressive, it will fight you if moved or placed in your space.

Yes to the last question too, if you have loyalty to one faction, their tokens won't fight you, and they'll move towards the other players.

Just to clarify...it will not fight if placed in your space. Only if it moves to your space or if you move to their space (or adjacent if the enemy has the ranged attribute).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
Just to clarify...it will not fight if placed in your space. Only if it moves to your space or if you move to their space (or adjacent if the enemy has the ranged attribute).

That last part isn't explicit in the rules - only that you move into its space or it moves into yours. Ranged attackers do not aggressively shoot at players that move adjacent to it, nor do they trigger a fight if they move adjacent to another player.

However, during the Enemy Activation phase, an activated Ranged enemy can and will trigger a fight with an adjacent player that hasn't declared Loyalty for it. But it cannot have moved that phase, because Aggressive explicitly applies to "the same space".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitotsumami wrote:

Thanks everyone!

As far as I understand, when you place a token, or when a token becomes face-up, no battle will happen no matter what, unless it's explicitly said to draw and fight an enemy.

Also, when an enemy with range icon moves to a location adjacent to you, it will attack. But if it's already adjacent before activation, it will first move to your location and then attack, which means without the +1 range option.

What I don't understand and like about the game is that some factions, like Railroad, are aggressive by default. It means that they may attack someone who might have just helped the Railroad, but haven't declared his loyalty to them at the start of his turn (what that just happened in our last game). It's just damn stupid. We took it as that Railroad member didn't know about the character and considered him as an enemy. But it's damn ridiculous and not thematic at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauri Huovila
Finland
flag msg tools
happypooya wrote:
Also, when an enemy with range icon moves to a location adjacent to you, it will attack. But if it's already adjacent before activation, it will first move to your location and then attack, which means without the +1 range option.

Actually, it is not quite so. Enemies move or fight, not both. Unless enemy is agressive

Rules Reference, page 3 wrote:
At the end of each round, an agenda card is drawn to determine
which enemies activate (see “Rounds”). When an enemy
activates, that enemy is moved one space toward the nearest
survivor.

If that enemy is already either in the same space as a
survivor, or adjacent to a survivor and has a ranged () icon,
the enemy fights that survivor instead of moving.

So ranged enemies do not move to your space, they will shoot you instead and they will receive extra pip unless you also have ranged weapon.

But there is a catch!
Quote:
Aggressive: When this enemy moves into your
space, or you move into its space, you immediately
fight it (this fight does not take an action).

If aggressive enemy with ranged weapon moves space next to you, it will not attack, because to aggressive keyword to trigger, enemy must be on same space with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened this thread looking for another answer, what do you do after defeating a faction token, does it spawn like the other enemies, in the start area from the scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When a faction token is killed, it is discarded and is not
replaced by a different inactive token of its type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stl0369 wrote:

Also one review said that when a faction token is killed it advances the track? I can't find that in the rules....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MrOsterman wrote:
Stl0369 wrote:
Also one review said that when a faction token is killed it advances the track? I can't find that in the rules....
At the end stages of some of the quests,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
tracks do advance when the last faction enemy is killed.

Maybe that's what was intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls