Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know this was reprinted in November 2017 (just last month). I want to get it but how do I know I am getting the latest reprint?

I looked all over and see various places selling it but they don't identify the print date.

Any help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. The new edition has 2nd Edition on the front of the box. The 2nd edition was just received by DVG, so they should be shipping to online retailers soon (or already).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
The cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems. - HS
mbmbmbmbmb

Is there a list of the 2nd edition changes somewhere?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
Good question. The new edition has 2nd Edition on the front of the box. The 2nd edition was just received by DVG, so they should be shipping to online retailers soon (or already).

Actually wasn't the 2nd edition issued in May? If I understood correctly this is a reprint of mistakes made in that one. Maybe I'm wrong about that - not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd edition print run includes the 2nd edition rulebook and playbook, which is posted on the BGG site. There are some updates to a few cards as well based on some errors. The 2nd edition was just received at DVG last week. All previous copies are the 1st edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domo Jo
msg tools
Yea!!! I got the 1st edition 2 months ages. Serves me right for being impatient.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Dean speaking of reprints will corrected versions of the original cards with errors be posted and made available for those of us that have the first edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MJA1967 wrote:
Hey Dean speaking of reprints will corrected versions of the original cards with errors be posted and made available for those of us that have the first edition?

Great question. Waiting for a response from DVG. I think they are still unpacking pallets. Will let everyone know when I hear something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Hawkes
United Kingdom
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got my 2nd edition in UK today - sadly have to wait until Xmas to open it and try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NWS Wargaming store just sold me the 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
The 2nd edition print run includes the 2nd edition rulebook and playbook, which is posted on the BGG site. There are some updates to a few cards as well based on some errors. The 2nd edition was just received at DVG last week. All previous copies are the 1st edition.

Where to find a list of card errors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Brad,
If you go to DVG.com then select B-17 FFL there will be a link to card errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wright

Alpharetta
Georgia
msg tools
Any indications of which errors, if any, remain in the 2nd Edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Hughes
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
MJA1967 wrote:

Great question. Waiting for a response from DVG. I think they are still unpacking pallets. Will let everyone know when I hear something.

Did you ever find out from DVG if any of the errata would be made available for owners of the 1st edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Sarah at DVG is still looking into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dean for looking into it! I just got a copy... but it is the first edition. I'm not too worried about it at this time, but it would be NICE if we could get "Updated" cards.

Rather than Going back and forth between original rulebook and "improved" rulebook, is there a "list" of errata for the rule changes?

I know they did a list of errata for the 1st edition of U-Boat Leader rulebook.

(sorry if this has been covered before)

Keep 'em flying!

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,
At some point I was tracking changes, but since the rulebook was entirely re-written, I lost track of them. The interim file posts had some updates, but I deleted the posts when I posted the final version.

Some updates:
- If the Bomb load is 2 Weight Points less than the maximum, extend the Bomber range by 2.
- For 1942, ignore all Special Weapon tactics from German Commanders
- Target-Bound unfit groups can return to Base at the end of the turn. Home-Bound

I think the rest of the 1st edition rules should work.
Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrumpyOldGamer wrote:
Jim,
At some point I was tracking changes, but since the rulebook was entirely re-written, I lost track of them. The interim file posts had some updates, but I deleted the posts when I posted the final version.

Some updates:
- If the Bomb load is 2 Weight Points less than the maximum, extend the Bomber range by 2.
- For 1942, ignore all Special Weapon tactics from German Commanders
- Target-Bound unfit groups can return to Base at the end of the turn. Home-Bound

I think the rest of the 1st edition rules should work.
Dean

Thanks Dean!! I'll check them out and make some "post it notes" in my rulebook. (I don't like to write in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.