Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Holthuis
Netherlands
Buitenpost
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just received Wallenstein. I've read the rules a couple of times and I would appreciate confirmation about 2 assumptions I've made:

1) You start both years with zero grain. To get grain you must use an landcard based on the action card "grain". The grainnumber on the played landcard is the amount you'll receive. At the end of the year (winter) you'll loose grain taken from the last event card. So it's most likely you'll have to resolve revolts.

2) The game has 25 event cards. In the first year 4 cards are randomly choosen from these 25 and put on the gameboard. These 4 event cards are used for the first year. After the first year these 4 event cards leave the game and 4 new event cards are randomly choosen from the 21 left. These 4 cards are used for the second year. So 17 event cards aren't used at all?

Sure looks like a great game!

Willem Holthuis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Grain/Event cards questions
W. Holthuis (#31067),
You are right on both counts.

Hope you enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Grain/Event cards questions
If you reshuffle the old event cards it's possible that the same region would get two harvest bonuses or shortfalls in one game.

Getting one of your regions zapped on grain production is survivable. Twice would probably be unbalancing. We play that old event cards do not re-enter the deck for the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.