Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I auctioned a copy of Fury of Dracula 3rd Edition and the winner of the auction had registered a few days prior to auction's end and had zero feedback. The winner has yet to pay or respond to any of my messages.

Then I noticed that there's at least 5 Fury of Dracula 3rd edition auctions being bid on by users with zero feedback (one user is the top bid on 3 different auctions).

What does this all mean?!?! Is someone trying to keep people from selling copies of this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's genius, if you are selling your own copy, you can grab every other one and force people to buy yours!

The buyer is as evil as Vlad himself!!! Muhahahhahahaa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zero feedback buyers kick in this time of year. I’m dealing with one now. Gave wrong address. Item got returned to me. Stated that they still wanted the item. Silence since. I swear this is going to end with me getting a bad rating. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
List their user names, we can add to our blocked lists if you are willing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually thats why do buy it now. If they don't pay right away, re list it. I sold 2 copies around halloween for $140. Buy it now. I usually only do auctions if I have no idea what the price might be. there are enough copies sold that you can have a pretty good gauge where you should price a buy it now. 80% of ebay stuff is sold buy it now these days...

If i notice a 0 feedback, created same day as bid on an auction, I will cancel the bid as well...obviously sucks if they bid at the end, but usually fake bidders bid during the middle of it. Only one time did I have a guy email me and ask to bid that had a 0 feedback and I did unblock their name...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I don't sell on eBay. Shitty buyers, and with PayPal, you'll end up with a chargeback and no game. Screw eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you not still require feedback minimums on your auctions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know ebay won't let you block bidders with no feedback, though they do give you some control over bids from users who haven't paid for items previously. This is only of limited help since the type of activity you describe is normally from new user accounts.

Personally, when I see a bid on an item I have on ebay from a user with 0 feedback, I cancel their bid then block them (to prevent them from bidding again). I'm kind about my reasoning and have never had a problem from ebay/bidders doing this. It does require manual intervention and a close eye on bids on your part, but it does 'solve' the problem.

Buyer Preferences:
My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements

Cancel Bids:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

Blocked Bidder:
http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Briggs

LYNNWOOD
Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmb
I have been successful selling on ebay, but as mentioned earlier I use the buy it now, tried the bid, just didn't find the success. Ebay is one way I can promote our regular site, though i sell more puzzles on Ebay than we do games.
Life is learning in progress, set the price you want and list it buy it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.