Hide
4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legacy Virus Scheme- did I win or lose? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Reilly
msg tools
Hey all! So I found this answer from an earlier post regarding the winning conditions for The Legacy Virus:

"You lose as soon as the wound deck runs out- even if you have the fight power this turn to defeat the villain.

The exception to this is if defeating the final mastermind tactic has a fight effect that would cause evil to win; they're too late, you already won. (For example Stryfe giving you the final Wound that would cause you to lose against the Legacy Virus.)"

^this all makes sense to me but I just encountered what I think is a pretty unique scenario and would like some clarification (although unfortunately I think it is a loss for me cry)

Through a combination of Storm- Tidal Wave and Thor- God of Thunder I was able to accumulate 18 damage on my turn. The mastermind for the game was Magneto who had 3 "lives" remaining. However, Tidal Wave Storm has an ability that reduces the mastermind's health by 2 altering Magneto from and 8 to a 6 for that turn meaning I had the sufficient power to attack him 3 times in that turn and win the game.

Unfortunately, the first mastermind tactic card I chose required that each other player reveals an X-Men hero or they gain 2 wounds. My partner didn't have any X-Men cards in hand causing her to take the last 2 wounds from the pile which meets the "EVIL WINS" criteria of the scheme.

Do I lose? I would assume you have to play out each fight effect as normal as if you fought him one after the other as oppose to all at once. Based on the above comment, had I chosen that mastermind tactic card last, I would have won, yeah?

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's a loss, and a quite devastating one at that, but I just wanted to hear from the brilliant minds of the BGG to community to make sure.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, you lost---but a couple of things.

First, Magneto only asks for other players to reveal an X-Men card. Therefore, you have to reveal such a card only if you're playing solo---or if it's some other player's turn.

Second, if you reveal a card, you may choose to reveal a card you have already played. Storm is definitely an X-Men hero.

However, as you were playing two-player, and the other player didn't have any X-Men cards to reveal, you did lose.

EDIT: Welcome to the Legendary forums, by the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you lose because you pulled that tactic first. If you had pulled it last you would have won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls