Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Clarke
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been a fan of space combat games since X-wing came out a few years ago, and I've read quite a few comments about how Silent Death is a fun space dogfighting game.

I recently picked up a complete boxed set of 'Rookie Rules' from eBay in good shape for just $25 US plus shipping.

The box included all 24 plastic miniature ships and stands, plus (very) tiny plastic tokens for missiles and asteroids. The fighters, although puny, look very nice in the original metallic silver. I'm debating whether I should paint them or just leave them as is.

There are some paper maps included, but I have a nice black cloth hex map that is 4'x6' that I'll use. I think I'll also be making some cardboard asteroids and better tokens for the missiles out of cardboard or foam.

The rules are the same as the full game, but stripped down without the background fluff. There are also some starter scenarios, and of course all the fighter data sheets.

I look forward to reading through the rules, and trying this game out with a couple of gaming pals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy! It is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.