Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CABS is like totally obsessed with this game I tried it I'm not surprised I'm not into it... Anyone else not a fan it's like everyone in Ohio is really into this!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you are the only person in the world that dislikes the game. Deepest regrets to tell you this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How it looks like I don't get the appeal of this... I like my board games with monsters... Farming space kinda... Boring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*Looks again with joy at recently arrived, shiny copy of TM and it's expansion maps*

Well, I'm not literally sitting in the box, so I guess I can identify with you in that respect.

Thanks for the reminder to keep an eye out for Venus: Next
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gosland
Australia
Hoddles Creek
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To each their own, we all have games we prefer or not that others would disagree with. In this case I agree with you, this game seems to be lacking something. I can't explain what it is but it feels as if there is only half a game there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallbanks wrote:
To each their own, we all have games we prefer or not that others would disagree with. In this case I agree with you, this game seems to be lacking something. I can't explain what it is but it feels as if there is only half a game there.

I don't care if people like it I just feel like nobody will play games with me cuz everyone always planning a TM session....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Challie Coppel
United States
Huntsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played once, it is an okay game but there are games I would rather play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
Wallbanks wrote:

I don't care if people like it I just feel like nobody will play games with me cuz everyone always planning a TM session....

Don't worry, games come and go. Although I do like TM a lot, i know why i like it. People aren't gonna be playing this one forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will fade quickly. It only got hot because of the space theme and having a drafting mechanic. It offers nothing special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hart
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's okay enough, but it's a bitch to play. I think it'd be better as a video game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
As long as I live, so long do I learn
badge
Peace is the inner nature of humankind. If you find it within yourself, you will then find it everywhere.
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my gaming group here just love TM to death.
Its a good game and I have enjoyed it whenever I've played it, but I won't ask for it and not as enamoured by it like a lot of folks and in my opinion its slightly over priced in terms of its product quality, with really lazy artwork and graphic design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fenerty
United Kingdom
Southport
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a great idea, but seems over-long for what it is, and the implementation is horrific. Resources are kept track of with cubes galore, and if you don't invest in a polyurethane overlay for your playmat, one careless elbow and BOOM! your corporate assets are all over the place.

Actually, that could have been a design feature to simulate the real-world economy. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to make a thread on every game you dont like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Birkbeck
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BardicSkaven wrote:
CABS is like totally obsessed with this game I tried it I'm not surprised I'm not into it... Anyone else not a fan it's like everyone in Ohio is really into this!!!

Here are a bunch of people who also don't like the game (see also: comments below).

I really do like the game, although I do have some complaints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fan. For the reason: Vital Lacerda is making a Mars game. The Emperor himself has actually been On Mars this year and knocked up a few domes and grew some crops for his research.

Eagle Gryphon will be doing the Kickstarter with components made from Martian rock Vital is bringing back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record, I don't like asparagus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably not get into it if I care to try it but I don't even care to try it. Same for Scythe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Half of this podcast is not enthusiastic about the game:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sixstrings4one wrote:
I have played once, it is an okay game but there are games I would rather play.

Same here, except I have played it twice.
Typically this is exactly my type of game, but I don't understand the hype at all as I don't see anything new or groundbreaking in Terraforming Mars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also don't like Dominion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't particularly care for the game but I'm glad people like it. My question is for those that like it...have you ever tried Forged In Steel?

But I think people really like drafting. A lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's CABS? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Space theme + length = I'll never play it. However, I don't care at all that other people like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can’t stand it. Draft from 8 to 20 cards in a zillion card deck, make obvious choices on the first card then basically get stuck with whatever you’re handed. I guess it’s amazing they made a game that’s both stupidly high randomness yet totally on rails.

I’ve accurately picked the winner in every TM game before the third year, but unfortunately the game drags on for an hour or two longer than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
It will fade quickly. It only got hot because of the space theme and having a drafting mechanic. It offers nothing special.
I disagree. It's not going to fade quickly. There's no game released recently that compares to it. I've played it over 80 times and almost everyone I know loves it. Both of those are unheard of around here.

And a game doesn't make the top five games on BGG if it offers nothing special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.