Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
As long as I live, so long do I learn
badge
Peace is the inner nature of humankind. If you find it within yourself, you will then find it everywhere.
mbmbmbmbmb
01. Fulfilling Guild orders: So technically I can fulfil 02 Guild Order in my whole turn, correct?
I. By Sailor (goes up 1 on the influence track)
II. By Order Phase (goes up 1 on influence track again)

02. Doing a POEN on Merchant's location, does it give favour points?

03. When exchanging good with Trader - is it compulsory that the converted goods "has to be exactly 1 less." What I mean is, can it be like this, I spend 2 books(6 Value) and decided to take only 02 Oil for some reason(4 Value and not 5)

Thanks,
-G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
govindk wrote:
01. Fulfilling Guild orders: So technically I can fulfil 02 Guild Order in my whole turn, correct?
I. By Sailor (goes up 1 on the influence track)
II. By Order Phase (goes up 1 on influence track again)

02. Doing a POEN on Merchant's location, does it give favour points?

03. When exchanging good with Trader - is it compulsory that the converted goods "has to be exactly 1 less." What I mean is, can it be like this, I spend 2 books(6 Value) and decided to take only 02 Oil for some reason(4 Value and not 5)

Thanks,
-G

1. Technically 3, I believe, as there is a Favor token that allows you to use a favor action to fulfill orders. (also remember that fulfilling a guild order only makes you go up the influence track if you are not in first place or tied for first. It is Delivering to a Noble that always makes you go up the influence track.)

2. Yes. A Peon action is exactly the same mechanically as "placing a (new) worker" on an action space except you must pay 2 Rupees and instead of placing another worker on the space, you simply do nothing if the worker was already standing, or stand up the worker if it was lying down.

3. I would assume so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
Peace is the inner nature of humankind. If you find it within yourself, you will then find it everywhere.
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
1. Technically 3, I believe, as there is a Favor token that allows you to use a favor action to fulfill orders. (also remember that fulfilling a guild order only makes you go up the influence track if you are not in first place or tied for first. It is Delivering to a Noble that always makes you go up the influence track.)

Thanks for confirming, just wanted to make sure I interpreted the rules on those parts right.
I completely forgot about not moving up the influence track when you are further up, you get only the rupees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
BE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1&2 you have your answers allready.

3. If you do a trade like you say in your example, then you just get another good of value 1 in addition to the 2 Oil. Just the value is important, not the amount of markers you use.
Example: You spend 2 books for a total value of 6-1 = 5. Now you get more markers from your personal supply and place 5 Wood of value 1 on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. I guess the answer is "yes, but why would you want to?" or better yet..."yes, but you would never do that."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was doing exactly that, I would never lose a resource , just wanted to reconfirm the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Statue - secondary action
Another question that popped up after a play. It's about the Statue secondary action and imperial/guild delivery and which rule takes precedence over which.

Example:
Action Phase; I used the Sailor and fulfilled a Scholar guild order. After my Sailor action was done, I decided to pay 01 Statue and use the Sailor again.. paid the Sailor 01 wood and made another delivery to the Scholar guild.

Is this legal?

Or are deliveries to Guild and Imperial orders limited to once per Action & Order Phase?

Thanks,
-G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules reconfirmation
govindk wrote:
...are deliveries to Guild and Imperial orders limited to once per Action & Order Phase?
Unless you performed the Secondary Luxury Goods Action in the middle of the Main Action you wouldn't be in the Action & Order Phase would you, so it wouldn't count.

There is also:'You may perform these at any time during your turn, but they do not count towards playing your mandatory action.'
SECONDARY ACTIONS p17, 1st paragraph.

I'd say it was legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's nice. So you can then do an Imperial or Guild four-times in your turn, provided you have the goods.

1. Sailor
2. Favour tiles abilities (if you have it on your player board)
3. Secondary action with my example above
4. Order-Phase

Would be something if someone pulls this off, especially in a 3-4 played game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.