Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording of the rules is fairly clear is saying you "Take into hand as many barrels (from your shipping region) as demanded by the target refinery's demand chip, but one of the players saw something in the notes and clarifications that led them to believe you could in fact attempt to ship just one or two barrels to a refinery, even if it's demand is 4. Help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Gohrbandt
Germany
Saarbrücken
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Demand is the upper limit you can deliver, the max the refinery will buy from you. You can also deliver less than that (and frequently you have no choice but to deliver less, with supply being low or with pirates taking a barrel from your delivery).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying, we played that wrong in our first game last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! I you reprint, I would perhaps suggest changing the wording slightly to "Take up to as many Barrels as in demand at the target refinery into hand" which would have clarified this for my group, I think!

Thank you very much for the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Trezise
United States
Nashville
TENNESSEE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
esarge wrote:
Thank you very much! I you reprint, I would perhaps suggest changing the wording slightly to "Take up to as many Barrels as in demand at the target refinery into hand" which would have clarified this for my group, I think!

Only problem with that is the sequence they outline is:
0. (use Security chips)
1. Deal with ? barrels - pull from bag, first black goes to black market, rest will go back in.
2. PICK UP barrels.
3. Deal with piracy symbols - more to the BM.
4. Deliver up to the demand of the port to your HQ, return the excess to the region.

I've stated it a little differently than the rules, in that the unclear part about can you take less than the demand. I'm sure you can take both more and less depending on the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
NickDanger42 wrote:
esarge wrote:

Only problem with that is the sequence they outline is:
0. (use Security chips)
1. Deal with ? barrels - pull from bag, first black goes to black market, rest will go back in.
2. PICK UP barrels.
3. Deal with piracy symbols - more to the BM.
4. Deliver up to the demand of the port to your HQ, return the excess to the region.

I've stated it a little differently than the rules, in that the unclear part about can you take less than the demand. I'm sure you can take both more and less depending on the situation.

The timing has no impact on the number of Barrels you may take. Esarge has it right.

In what you label step 2, you may take up to (and never more) as many Barrels as in Demand at the target Refinery from the shipping Region into hand. Of those you satisfy the Black Market. Whatever remains in your hand after that goes to your HQ. This may be less than the Demand at the target Refinery, either because there were too few Barrels in the shipping Region, or because you lost some to the Pirates. Since you may never pick up more Barrels than the Demand in the target Refinery, there will never be any 'excess' to return to the shipping Region.

Also note that you may use Security chips at any time during your turn, not only at the start of Shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.