1 Posts

Twin Stars: Steal the Plans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Questions from First Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James M.
United States
flag msg tools
I gave this scenario a try today, and have some questions about the rules.

Shooting: it says you/guards can do this when "in a straight line". Any two points automatically form a straight line, so what's the constraint here? They have to be on the same side/edge of the board? Since travel looks like it has to go around the perimeter, I'm guessing shooting needs to be the same. No one can see through the middle across to the other side, right?

"If plans here": does this only at the two points specifically marked as such on the board? My first thought was yes, otherwise the text would be written everywhere it applies. But that makes things asymmetric, which is OK, but seems odd. Why shouldn't guards be added if the plans are one or two spaces away on the opposite side of the board? Can you clarify?
Also, if guards do get added on both sides of the board, what happens if you get the plans, then move two spaces away, skipping over the +1 point to the +2 point. Do you add only 2 guards for the second point or 3 guards since you passed the plans through the first point?

I was going to ask a few more questions, but I think I managed to answer them myself as I was looking things over to write this post. Thanks for your help!

P.S. -- I think it would help if you had a Twin Stars FAQ on your web site that collected all such Q&A like this for all scenarios. Given the limited space of the cards, I frequently have questions about the rules and I'm probably not the only one. It would be great if we could go to one place to get all of the rule clarifications and such. Please consider this. Thanks!

Edit: In looking at other Twin Stars forums here, I found out that you do have a Twin Stars FAQ at It appears to be a work in progress though, only going up to the third scenario right now, so hopefully more information will be provided there as needed in the future.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.