SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We started with Eiszeit, chundered through the rules, played a round and stopped. We'd each played one card before scoring, that couldn't be right. The game would be over in 10 minutes. Read the rules again, oops, you go on settling your hunters until the stone pile runs out. Heyho, started over.

Much better now, several things going on. Hang on, you can't do that, you've run out of pieces. Oh, 'place' means place or move if you've none left to place. Oh, that's different then. Played some more, that's much better. I like this.

We score a round, good, play the next round, score it, Ian leaps forward 15 points, Richard & I get little. Start the third round. Hang on, that can't be right. Ian's just scored 15 points. We've read the limit rule wrong, we should have been picking hunters off from each player until the limit is satisfied. Hang on, do you stop when the limit is reached? No, you pick a hunter off everyone then check the limit. Rescored the second round, Ian goes back 15 points, we're all quite close now. Carried on playing.

Now, after three rounds, we think we've got it straight. Richard goes for a strange tactic of keeping his hunters away from mammoths. And they wonder what killed the Neanderthals off. After the third round I take a 6 point lead over Ian, Richard trails back. He's had a club for 2 rounds but neglects to use it.

Final round, I'm just looking to stay ahead of Ian. We end up scoring with just three mammoths on the board. I complete my win and Richard pulls back some points.

It's a nice game but we need a decent rules translation (and less chundering). But I'm not hugely impressed; I don't see this as an Alea game apart from the involved rules. Lots of action cards, so you might be better getting the RG edition if you can. I'll play it again but the rules are much longer than the game itself.

It's curious this is under the Alea label, and Goldsieber hasn't had a big game out for 2 years really, apart from New England. Presumably Moon & Weissblum showed them this and they passed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
EYE of NiGHT (#31096),

Okay, Goldsieber had a game called Goldland which was quite popular...mumble mumble...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
EYE of NiGHT (#32137),

I think that you are still playing the hunter limit wrong:

You remove one hunter from the weakest player, if the limit is not reached then you remove one hunter from the second-weakest player, check the limit again, and so on...

Only in the case of a tie between players you remove 1 hunter from each player at the same time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.