Subject: 1 rebel player with 2 characters, mission rewards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emilien M
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I came into a rules dilemma with a friend a while back regarding mission rewards, and with the release of the app, i'm gonna play some rounds with a similar setup (solo with 2 chars), so i need a clarification.
When finishing a scenario in the base game, they give you the rewards at times per hero and at times per player. Example:

"
Place Story Mission card "A New Threat" into play. Heroes receive 100 credits per hero.
Additional rewards:
Each player receives 1 XP. Heroes receive 100 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 influence"

How do you handle this when 1 player controls 2 characters?

I did as if there were 2 players because the setup is identical to 2 players each with 1 character. Was that wrong? For what reason (that i obviously don't see) could this imbalance be intended?

thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treat each hero as a player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PrayDaThor wrote:
So... I came into a rules dilemma with a friend a while back regarding mission rewards, and with the release of the app, i'm gonna play some rounds with a similar setup (solo with 2 chars), so i need a clarification.
When finishing a scenario in the base game, they give you the rewards at times per hero and at times per player. Example:

"
Place Story Mission card "A New Threat" into play. Heroes receive 100 credits per hero.

The additional rewards below say Player receives 1 xp and I believe they mean it to say each player whether they are Rebel or Imperial receive 1 xp... The spirit of the paragraph seems to be 1 xp per character and 1 xp for Imperial player. The game wasn't intended for a person to play multiple characters, that is just the workaround for 1 vs 1 campaign play. 1 vs 1 was intended for Skirmish mode.

PrayDaThor wrote:
Additional rewards:
Each player receives 1 XP. Heroes receive 100 credits per hero. The Imperial player receives 1 influence"

How do you handle this when 1 player controls 2 characters?

I did as if there were 2 players because the setup is identical to 2 players each with 1 character. Was that wrong? For what reason (that i obviously don't see) could this imbalance be intended?

thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be exact, when one physical player is controlling the Rebels, they play as if they were two Rebel players (or more if they wish). The rules typically use this terminology and when they say 'all players', they are referring to the Rebel and Imperial players, not the actual people playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.