Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION : Wednesday December 13, 2017.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another fun night at the Legion with several great games making their appearances.

Wendy and I began by teaching Sharon and Olivia Yokohama. It was an odd game as the end game appeared quicker than expected. I was setting up for a longer game and had to scramble a bit to adjust to the shorter game. The trading post I put on the Employment Agency early didn't really pay off as players focused on getting resources than building up their force of assistants or trading posts. Sharon got out to an early lead while Wendy was fine lagging far behind before she made a big push. Wendy focused on technology and contracts. Sharon focused on contracts but also got involved in the Church and Customs boards. Olivia also went for lots of brick and later got involved in the Customs house. She was a bit hobbled early as she invested lots of assistants on a brickyard and didn't have many assistants to place. I focused on 5 power actions and placing shops. This gave me the imports to take a dominant position on the Customs Board which I later solidified and then finish up the game by taking the lead in the Church. In the end, several strong plays by Wendy vaulted her into second place over Sharon while I was able to hold onto my lead. It was the lowest scoring game I've yet to play.

Next, Sharon and I taught Wendy and Olivia the mind-melting Stroop. Sharon narrowly took the first game over Olivia while I narrowly took the second game over Olivia.

We finished out the night by playing a couple of hands of HeartSwitch, a fun little variant on Hearts.

Other great games I saw played included Notre Dame, Luna, The Princes of Florence and Tichu.

Have a great week. See you all next Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.