Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this last night and had an interesting situation come up. We played the variant where we shuffled the dragons into the bottom half of the deck and I built up my attack strength in anticipation of their arrival. When the 8-strength dragon appeared, I pounced on it for the 11 victory points it entailed.

Then I did some calculating in my head. I didn't have any shields to block the dragon's attack and it dealt me 9 wounds (6 plus 1 for each for the 3 I already had) and made me discard a monster, and the lowest point monster I had was worth 3 victory points. Suddenly, my 11-point dragon actually COST me a point!

The lesson to be learned is to not neglect your defense. The player who won did a nice job of keeping both their attack and defense in the 4-6 range through the second half of the game and only had 2 wounds at game's end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bailey
msg tools

Played about 30 (two player) and maybe 6 (four player) games so far and always found a dragon to be a bonus, found that if you try to keep atk/def even as you progress theres more options of smaller monsters than the big payday the dragons provide.

In your senario, it also depended on whether or not you had healing for the wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.