Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Dear boardgame geeks,

I have a few questions about this game i just recently bought AND i have yet to play it. I read the manual a couple of times, but some questions i would like to hear some information on.

a) There is a character in the game (the Janitor one) who can clear 5 wastes instead of 3. Cool! But is he the character who has to be in the Colony in order to do it (since he is the Janitor), or can the dog Sparky all of a sudden do this too if he is under your control and is in the Colony instead of the Janitor Character?

b) When exiling a player a vote is cast. If the player who is getting exiled is revealed to be innocent, he takes a EXILE card and reveals his secret card (if this happens 2 times, the morale drops to 0 and the game is over. cool!). A traitor however, keeps his card after drawing the EXILED card, making it obvious to let the other players know he was the traitor.

Now , the game enters some sort of "wishwash" for me, where it isnt clear HOW exactly to proceed as both sides:

- The traitor can't add cards to the Crisis Contribution square anymore. This means the traitor can win how? Only by killing other survivors ?
If it is 1v4, i imagine this will take hours to do so (3 wounds per player per character), if you can even do it before the round marker hits zero.

- The traitor's new Colony Occupants are directly added to Non Colony places. But can i still just move to the colony to kill helpless survivors with cards for example? Or am i not welcome there anymore?

- After a traitor is revealed, isnt it in that case just to easy for the other occupants?

How does this work in the real world so to speak?

Kind regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichielTummers wrote:
a) There is a character in the game (the Janitor one) who can clear 5 wastes instead of 3. Cool! But is he the character who has to be in the Colony in order to do it (since he is the Janitor), or can the dog Sparky all of a sudden do this too if he is under your control and is in the Colony instead of the Janitor Character?

No.

Quote:
b) When exiling a player a vote is cast. If the player who is getting exiled is revealed to be innocent, he takes a EXILE card and reveals his secret card (if this happens 2 times, the morale drops to 0 and the game is over. cool!). A traitor however, keeps his card after drawing the EXILED card, making it obvious to let the other players know he was the traitor.

Now , the game enters some sort of "wishwash" for me, where it isnt clear HOW exactly to proceed as both sides:

- The traitor can't add cards to the Crisis Contribution square anymore. This means the traitor can win how? Only by killing other survivors ?
If it is 1v4, i imagine this will take hours to do so (3 wounds per player per character), if you can even do it before the round marker hits zero.

The traitor gets a new win condition upon being revealed. Also, you can lower morale by attracting zombies to locations, or sending your own survivors there to increase the number of zomvies showing up.

Quote:
- The traitor's new Colony Occupants are directly added to Non Colony places. But can i still just move to the colony to kill helpless survivors with cards for example? Or am i not welcome there anymore?

You cannot go to the colony once you have been exiled.

Quote:
- After a traitor is revealed, isnt it in that case just to easy for the other occupants?

Nope. It is (sometimes) easier, but still not easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
MichielTummers wrote:

No.

Specifically, the janitor must be the one to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your answer. It says on the Janitor card ofcourse COLONY, but i got confused since the colony is ofcourse the place where you have to be to remove the waste pile, but it specifically means this characters ability only works when that specific character is at.. well the colony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Another question i have is:

First Player Token: This token
identifies who is the first
player. The first player
goes first in a round and
breaks all ties.

What does breaks all ties mean? English is not my first language. Breaks all ties in the advantage of the starting player or? When does this come into play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MichielTummers wrote:
Another question i have is:

First Player Token: This token
identifies who is the first
player. The first player
goes first in a round and
breaks all ties.

What does breaks all ties mean? English is not my first language. Breaks all ties in the advantage of the starting player or? When does this come into play?

During a vote. For example, if a Crossroads Card has the Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down option and you have an even number of players voting, the first player breaks the voting tie, if there is one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you so much! Now i feel like i know every rule of the game. The only thing that is left is not to forget to pass the player token to the right and the turn order is normal clockwise

edit: can i enter a location where all entrances are occupied by zombies btw? I assume yes, you just walk pass them , but it confuses me because they are called "entrances"(the biohazardous circles) AND they are all full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Garrett
United States
Oxford
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are separate spaces for zombies and survivors on the board for each location. So you can enter as long as there is any empty space for the survivor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
MichielTummers wrote:

edit: can i enter a location where all entrances are occupied by zombies btw? I assume yes, you just walk pass them , but it confuses me because they are called "entrances"(the biohazardous circles) AND they are all full.

Well, you are rolling for exposure as you attempt to pass them. That is unless you're sneaky or plow your way through or any of those thematic excuses for not rolling the die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.