Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone played this yet? I've been half hearted following it for a long time and want to know. Shouldn't it have shipped? Any info would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jernej peter
Slovenia
flag msg tools
You Can't Take the Sky from Me
mbmbmbmb
Havent played it, but if I remember correctly, it will ship in first Q in 2018.

You can find more on their kick starter page under comments section

regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you check out the comment section on the Kickstarter page.
If you're on Facebook I recommend you follow the page there: www.facebook.com/dungeoncrusade
I'm not sure when it comes to date for shipping, but Rodger says the game is close to completion, and a video was uploaded to youtube today (which I will watch tonight! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tight.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agresivc wrote:
Havent played it, but if I remember correctly, it will ship in first Q in 2018.

Has a manufacturing company been selected for printing the game yet?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
He sends us updates a LOT, all about the latest cards or art. It's all great, but I wish he's start every new update with an update on shipping date -- not because I'm trying to rush him, just to keep in the loop.

I suspect the only people who have played it, did so with prototype components at conventions, or possible in a playtest group. I'd love to know what it's like myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I'm wondering. Looking at the Facebook updates, it still looks like this is in development. I was wondering if a printing company has been selected yet, or even looked at. That would help in predicting delivery dates...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Fotland
Taiwan
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodger posted this in the Kickstarter comments a few days ago:
Rodger wrote:
I want to take the rest of December and January to finish up the rest of the game. In that time, some final playtesting, finish the revisions to the rulebook and a few other things. The game company, which is based in China will be doing there CNY (Chinese New Years) at the end of January.
They return to work sometime in February. I would like to have all the game files submitted within the month of February, so they can start putting the game together for us. I would say possibly late March they would be starting mass production which would lead to of course the fulfillment phase.
This is a rough timeline, but I believe it's within reason, as in we can accomplish this in this time period.

So yes, production company is found, and production might start in late March after Chinese new year.
The Kickstarter-page is where you'll get the latest news and comments about the game, I recommend you check it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
I've been following this since the kickstarter and I've been intrigued but always hesitant to pull the trigger. Looks like I'm running out of time. Rogers certainly seems to have put his heart and soul into the game though, I just can't help but respect that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorrax wrote:
I've been following this since the kickstarter and I've been intrigued but always hesitant to pull the trigger. Looks like I'm running out of time.

I am in the same boat here. Not sure when Groovus will close pre-orders but it is certainly not too late to purchase the game (check their Facebook page).
I am still waiting for updated rulebook and videos before making a final call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik Groessens
msg tools
mbmb
I just found out about this game through some random Youtube video and after some searching and watching Rodger's video's, I immediately pre-ordered...it looks to be a really fun game and something my gaming group will love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Forsen
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dito, went all in even though I almost convinced myself to not buy any more dungeon crawlers..

He is a bit optimistic about time still though, stating that the game might ship in march when he probably won't be able to get a PPC done before CNY. I'm guessing this autumn is a realistic time to get the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still entirely unclear to me if the game is even any good.
A Dungeon Crawler lives and dies by its game mechanics, and I have seen no actual gameplay reviews.
Solo creators who put their heart and soul into things sometimes come up with a hot mess and sometimes come up with Gloomhaven, but it's very unclear to me which this is. Cards and art are all very well, but how well does this thing actually *play*?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vandervecken wrote:
It's still entirely unclear to me if the game is even any good.
A Dungeon Crawler lives and dies by its game mechanics, and I have seen no actual gameplay reviews.
Solo creators who put their heart and soul into things sometimes come up with a hot mess and sometimes come up with Gloomhaven, but it's very unclear to me which this is. Cards and art are all very well, but how well does this thing actually *play*?

Yeah I'm curious about the same thing. The game seems to have a lot of different things going on, the rules still seemed to be very much in flux at the time of the Kickstarter, and apparently no blind playtesting had been done. I'm still hoping it turns out to be fantastic, but I am more than a bit leery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I want to believe it will be good. What you don’t have is the game in reviewer’s hands doing previews. This is usually happening DURING the kickstarter. Now here it is a ways past the original intent to ship and in the video I just wantched, it looked as if he was still using print and play level components.

I hope this ships at some point and that it’s well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven is a hot mess.

I predict this game will ship summer of 2019, if it ships at all. Just trying to be realistic. Anything earlier than that will be as described a hot mess. Given the appropriate time for testing, component approving, etc, I would say mid next year is a good date.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

-shnar

The 9.0 rating, overall number one ranking and thousands of fans would seem to suggest otherwise.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
quazai wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

The 9.0 rating, overall number one ranking and thousands of fans would seem to suggest otherwise.....

Listen, I want to be optimistic, but what is that rating based on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
quazai wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

The votes of 11 000 BGG users. Note that I'm responding to Shnar's comment about Gloomhaven. The current rating on Dungeon Crusade unfortunately doesn't mean much - I'm guessing it's from mainly anticipation type votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quazai wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Don't care, it's still a hot mess. BGG is heavily Euro slanted, which explains its popularity here, but with a lot of Ameritrash players it's a major dud. Our groups hated it, refuse to play. I think a really good and fair review is SeerMagic's at A quick Pro/Con review of why Gloomhaven ultimately didn't stay in my collection.. He liked the game but ended up getting rid of it. I and my group agrees with most of his assessment, though the cards-for-actions fell very very flat with our group.

But I digress, probably not the right forum to be discussing this. The point is valid though, with 1st time game creators, let alone 1st time kickstarters, it's difficult to get things off the ground. Even with a completely finished game like Incursion kickstarters are difficult to predict and even more difficult to complete (Incursion did complete, but it burnt the creator out completely and he's out of the boardgame business). Good luck Groovus.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
quazai wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
quazai wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

The votes of 11 000 BGG users. Note that I'm responding to Shnar's comment about Gloomhaven. The current rating on Dungeon Crusade unfortunately doesn't mean much - I'm guessing it's from mainly anticipation type votes.

But based on what? Did they play the game and rate it based on their actual experience? Like you say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
quazai wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
quazai wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

But based on what? Did they play the game and rate it based on their actual experience? Like you say.

Yes most people who vote (though admittedly not all) have played the game. If you don't believe me check the voter profiles and the 2000 votes with comments. Boardgamegeek has guidelines for what the different scores should mean, but most people who vote don't follow those guidelines, so of course they're somewhat arbitrary. However a score of 9.0 across 11000 voters is an excellent indication that the game is well liked and thought highly of. So probably not a 'hot mess' to most people.

But this is a Dungeon Crusade thread, not a Gloomhaven one, so I'll get back on topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.