Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me if this is a good 2 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Granger
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Good for 2 players?
dboeren (#31111),

I think this game is actually at its best when played by two. With two, controlling and using the "tavern" to advantage really shines. One of my favorite two-player card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Chegigo
United States
Dingle
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren (#31111),

Two players is definitely more strategic. Since there are only two of you who can go out the number of turns tend to increase as you try for an optimal hand.
Still light though. Good fun for 2, 3 or 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren (#31111),

I have only played it with two players and I think it is an fun, quick, take-along card game. I would recommend it for two,

As other people have said in their reviews, the cards are indeed a little flimsy but I think that they would be hard to shuffle if they weren't.

Strategy-wise: be careful when you sail because if you lay down first but your opponent has the better hand you're really screwed on points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hudson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm, I had a different response. My wife & I played this for the first time last night and determined it was NOT good as a 2-player game.
First of all, we had the experience of several turns going by where we were just drawing and discarding waiting for a certain card to come up. That to me is kind of boring in a card game.
Finally, we guessed that it might be more interesting if we removed 1 or 2 colors from the deck before a 2-player game.
That way, resources would be scarcer and there would be some competition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Irizarry
United States
Unspecified
Alabama
flag msg tools
markhu wrote:
Hrm, I had a different response. My wife & I played this for the first time last night and determined it was NOT good as a 2-player game.
First of all, we had the experience of several turns going by where we were just drawing and discarding waiting for a certain card to come up. That to me is kind of boring in a card game.
Finally, we guessed that it might be more interesting if we removed 1 or 2 colors from the deck before a 2-player game.
That way, resources would be scarcer and there would be some competition.

I strongly agree with you as this game resembles a lot to Gin Rummy, that has four suits, and is designed as a skill game for two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.