Popular Tags: todo [+] @todo [+] [View All]
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Here’s a couple of pictures of my current insert—It makes for fast setup. By ways of Kickstarter games, this was quite minimal. I’ll have to adjust it once I begin painting—I do these adjustable plastic container inserts on a lot of my games—Particularly great for games with ongoing expansions or instead of building a custom insert. Figured i’d share for my fellow OCGers. shake

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maurice,

This looks great!

Can you please post a parts list of the insert materials?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Zickel
United States
Cleveland Hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes please! A materials list would be most appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terrence Miltner

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell us please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Rogers wrote:
Maurice,

This looks great!

Can you please post a parts list of the insert materials?

Thanks!

Absolutely, I'll write up a clean 'recipe' when I get home later. Glad you guys like it.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maurice_Oksman wrote:
Absolutely, I'll write up a clean 'recipe' when I get home later. Glad you guys like it.

Cheers!

Recipe please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vogel
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh jeez, I thought I posted this a while ago—sorry, I totally forgot until I saw this pop up under my subscriptions—Thanks guys for reminding me.

Rayguns & Rocketships KS Insert Recipe:

Ingredients:

- (x5) 2-Piece Slider Box, 100 Card: x5 [BCW]
- (x5) 2-Piece Slider Box, 10 Card: x5 [BCW]
- (x2) 1-5/8"Sq.x2-7/8"h Amac Box Clear [Container Store, SKU#: 60300]
- (x2)* Darice 1992-89 Clear Bead Organizer [Amazon]
- Bead Landing Clear Stackable Bead Storage 1-1/2"

Placement Instructions:

- Place each faction's crew, captain and ship into a 100-card slider box [Total x4]. The 5th 100-card slider box will house all the mercenary captains.

- Place the cards for each faction in their own 10-card slider box. The 5th slider box will hold all the secret agenda cards.

- 1 Amac box holds all the dice; the other Amac Box holds all the raygun tokens and the first player marker.

- 1 Darice bead jar holds the blast markers and the other 1 holds the action tokens.

- The Bead Landing stackable bead container comes with 6 stackable containers, but you'll only need x5 and the lid:
(1) x4 Faction Tokens
(2) Astroid/Icetroid
(3) Warbot Remains
(4) Atomic Cores
(5) Data Tape/Princess Token

Insert Notes:

- The 10-card boxes accommodates more than 10 cards, BUT do not fit sleeved cards.

- The 10-Card box, holding the secret agendas cards, slides right under the 2 Amac containers.

- I used the original self-sticking plastic bags for the captain and mercenary over-sized cards (see pictures).

- The Amac Containers from the Container Store can be substituted with a standard dice cubes (same size), but I couldn't find any so I bought these for ~75¢ each. I rarely ever go to the Container Store though, since I find them overpriced. You can also substitute 1 or both of these for dice bags—which is probably necessary if you have plastic rayguns.

- BCW & Ultra-Pro both make those slider boxes. I buy mine locally from Ultra-Pro for $1-1.25 for a 100-card box, and 60-75¢ for each 10-card box. You'll find A LOT of online sites trying to rip you for the Ultra-Pro ones, but if you buy them directly from BCW, it's similarly priced as what I get locally. I recommend also looking into buying them at a sports cards memorabilia store like I do (American Legends in Yonkers, NY), as you might find the best prices for these kinds of things there if you are only buying offline.

- In this recipe used the exact names and specs from each item on their website, so copying and pasting my exact wording should help you find the exact item in conjunction with using the brand and retailer in google.

Recommended Purchase Locations:
BCW Website, Michaels w/ Coupons and Container Store

Insert Price:
~$18 (but you'll have x10 extra jars for other games, really it's more like ~$14.5 if you divide that out of the price)

Extra Information (AKA ranting):

- *These Jars come in a set of 12. You can find them either on Amazon, JO-ANNS or Michaels. There is a set of 30 jars, which looks similar online, but you'll notice in person that those are quite smaller—DO NOT BUY THAT 30 PACK. Buy the x12 pack. Bead Landing Organizer With 12 Jars (Michaels) one is exactly the same as the Jo-Ann/Amazon one, but seems to be $10 instead of $6, but if you know Michaels as well as I do, you'll know that they give a 40% off 1-item every single day (not an exaggeration)...They also have a holiday sale..like almost every week—I buy a whole bunch for modular inserts whenever bead or jewelry supplies go on sale, which usually includes these bead storage items both online and in-person. You will have x10 extra, but these are some of the cheapest most useful jars for a lot of game. Not to mention the fact that if you buy the small stackable jars above and these jars from Beads Landing, that they will screw together (not necessary for this insert, but comes in handy for other inserts).

- The stackable bead jar is also from Michaels—specifically Bead Landing. They should be $3 or $1.7 with coupon and Tax. DO NOT BUY THE CHEEP DARICE ONE. Seriously, it's a cheep knock off—They seem amazing priced stackable jars (30 piece set), but when you buy them you'll notice they don't close fully and just pop open at random. ONLY buy the Bead Landing one for stackable jars. Bead Landing (Michaels) also sell a variety pack at a great deal although not SEEMINGLY as good as the the Darice 30-piece set, but the Bead Landing ones actually work). Here's a link to the exact one you need for this insert: http://www.michaels.com/bead-landing-clear-stackable-bead-st... BUT if you get into doing these for a couple of games, you'll find the variety pack the best deal: http://www.michaels.com/stackable-plastic-container-value-pa... . It's $8 for 4 stacks (2 Large, 1 Medium & 1 small), when each individually are $3 each. Also since the variety pack is just one item, you can get the best use out of that '40% off one item' coupon at Michaels. FYI, Here's a link to an image of the SHIT ONE: https://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Embellishment-Cases/... . That link is from overstock.com, but you'll find they sell this at both Jo-Ann's AND Michaels the past couple of months. The crap one used to be only sold by Jo-Ann's (since Bead landing is owned by Michaels), but Darice has been just dumping this defective product so cheep, that Michaels picked it up, hoping no one would notice—CLEARLY SOMEONE NOTICED—ME. Ok, I clearly need to go to bed.

This gets a bit rough around the edges towards the end, but I wanted to finally get this up before I forget again—I'll come back to tidy this recipe up. feel free to ask any questions.

And of course, thanks for the game, Scott!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.