Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Harmon
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working off of memory here, but I'm just looking for some clarity on discovering the last island.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
1. Is having/using a chart a prerequisite for discovering the island? I believe the milestone says to use a chart. But if 30 successes is possible without a chart, can the attempt be made? Two players kept a chart, but we haven't found the others. At this point, I think we're all ready to just call the game and say the island is discovered either way.

2. Charts to the end of the world are only held if you keep the advisor,
correct? I can't tuck the man into my treasury and say he's a chart. I figure you can't, since nobody would want to live in a treasury. It's boring and the food sucks. But it also makes it very difficult for one person to get more than one chart to the end of the world. You can only keep one per game and chances are you won't get to raid two different players' council rooms because of a lack of enmity tokens.

Follow up: I'm pretty sure you need the token(s) to raid the site and can't just lose a glory in place of the token. Right?

Some other notes:
We haven't discovered any statues, but we're pretty sure we know how.
It's also very difficult for one player to grab a trifecta of tablets,
but at least you can hold more than one over each game. We're using the rule where you get the information from the tablet if you've ever held it since the Light of Truth was unlocked and used on tablets.

EDIT: Of course, I think this is the first thread I've ever started and I put it in the wrong category.

EDIT2: I've deleted the old thread and put this where it belongs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Box 5 spoilers below (there's one more box that's still closed):
1. Yes, you must have at least one chart/advisor in hand to make the attempt.
2. No, you don't get to keep the advisor/chart unless it's the advisor you choose to keep at end of game. (And yes, you must have sufficient enmity to steal an advisor)
3. Statues are discovered by exploring island sites. But the trifecta of tablets leads to something else... (strangely, you don't actually have to discover the statues to discover their secrets)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you need at least one of the charts found on the guild leaders to discover the island at the end of the world.

Yes, you need to either keep the advisor from game to game to keep the chart, or use the Guild Hall to fish for it during the next game.

Raiding a council room costs only three enmity, so you could theoretically raid two council rooms in one game. More if the Pirate/Patriot are used.

Notes
We also discovered the statues very late in the campaign. You'll want to make it a priority since the biggest factor in discovering the last island is the Temple once all the statues have been discovered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Harmon
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, folks.

I'm hoping to get through two games tonight and finish the campaign. I don't know how many more games my group will endure, especially with Charterstone and Pandemic Legacy 2 shipping today.

Our unfinished games of Risk Legacy still haunt me, though, so I'd love to draw this game to a tidy conclusion.

Sadly, I'll say that SeaFall suffered from just too many problems. Rules needed to be clarified and, in some cases, changed to make it semi-enjoyable. I'm the one in the group that really loved it, but it still could have used more polishing. I'm sure it's hard to playtest a game like this, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I feel like they ran out of time for playtesting after final rule changes. Too many people like me clamoring for it ASAP, I guess.

FWIW, I found the very final game to be the most enjoyable... but it wasn't short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that it's not a spoiler to state that you need a chart with a wave symbol to explore the last column. It's printed on the game board, visible before you even start the prologue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MollyMae wrote:
Thanks, folks.

I'm hoping to get through two games tonight and finish the campaign. I don't know how many more games my group will endure, especially with Charterstone and Pandemic Legacy 2 shipping today.

Our unfinished games of Risk Legacy still haunt me, though, so I'd love to draw this game to a tidy conclusion...

Did you finish? Or come close please? (My group finished Saturday. Still trying to frame the wrap-up.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Harmon
United States
La Salle
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
varianor wrote:
MollyMae wrote:
Thanks, folks.

Our unfinished games of Risk Legacy still haunt me, though, so I'd love to draw this game to a tidy conclusion...

Did you finish? Or come close please? (My group finished Saturday. Still trying to frame the wrap-up.)

Replying way late, as I didn't remember to check this thread. We finished SeaFall. Our runaway leader won with a runaway lead, though another player did have a chance to catch up. I'm working off of memory here from about 9 months ago, but he had a ton of tablets and could build the thing that gives him Glory for each tablet. He had the chance to keep ending the game before anyone could really do anything, as long as he could build that structure. He didn't drag it out, though.

I'm glad we finished, but I'll never play again. Since then, we've finished Pandemic Legacy S2 and Charterstone, both of which were better games, imo.

SeaFall... It was such a gorgeous game. The story was pretty neat and we all got really involved, until it just fell apart. The downhill really started around game 5 and never got better.

So now I've just harvested the components that are reusable and put them in my prototyping box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.