Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/tax-bill-dark-money-p...

Apparently, provisions in the tax bill look to allow dark money to also be tax deductible. From the article;

One of the outcomes of the Citizens United ruling was that politically-active nonprofits, or 501(c)4 groups, could accept unlimited anonymous contributions, so called "dark money." According to the Campaign Legal Center, at least $800 million of dark money has been spent since the 2010 Supreme Court ruling. With the repeal of the Johnson Amendment, donors could now shift their money into tax-deductible 501(c)(3)s.

A step in the wrong direction, involving a currently tainted system, in my opinion. Organizations may tend to favor politics and policies that sway big money toward themselves, and those politics may not always square with the best interests of the chumps like you and me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if Russia will be able to claim a tax deduction for their anonymously donated funds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.