Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Killing with a lighter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bruno kowalski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someting is not clear for me about killing with a lighter. Can i choose to kill zombies from different entrances or i have to kill from one entrance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I don't think so
mbmbmbmbmb
Entrances at the colony are all part of the same location, so yes, you can pick zombies from different entrances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Thomas
msg tools
Pg13 States killing 'A' Zombie may come from any entrance but does not mention groups. Adding new Zombies always goes from 1-6 entrance wise.

The Lighter/Fuel combo should be used at ONE entrance only given for the following reasons :

Just like Zombies are added per location at a time - so too are player actions - the colony has zombies added at each of it's entrances in a similar manner to actual locations.

Throwing Fuel on Zombies to then set them alight would be a bit odd to achieve this at multiple entrances all at once.

For these two reasons above I always play it as group of zombies per Lighter/Fuel combo - it makes the game far more tense and will usually mean entrance 1 is always the goto to hit at the Colony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno kowalski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. Killing with a lighter at only one entrance is more thematic and i will play that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.