Dragonfire» Forums » General

Subject: Magic item cards slightly larger? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lameyer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I just sleeved all the other cards in the game with ultra pro sleeves, and when I started on the magic item cards, I noticed the sleeves we're bending them. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Any idea on the proper size for the magic item cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritchknight82 wrote:
I just sleeved all the other cards in the game with ultra pro sleeves, and when I started on the magic item cards, I noticed the sleeves we're bending them. Anyone else seeing the same thing? Any idea on the proper size for the magic item cards?

My magic items are the same sized sleeve as the market cards.

Is it possible it's the sleeves and not the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Eldritchknight82 wrote:

I've compared the Magic Item cards with the Encounter and Dragonfire cards and I see a small difference between them but I notice that the Magic Item cards are smaller than the others.

Note, I am comparing the width of the cards. I'm seeing something like a 0.1mm difference (this is only an estimate). It's small but it's definitely there.

I compared the Magic Item cards from the base game, Wondrous Treasures and Hidden Treasures to the Encounter and Dragonfire cards. I don't see any difference in width between any of the Magic Items cards (from the different sets) but I can see a difference between them and the other base cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thorsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My magic item cards have a tendency to bend on their own, taking on a slightly concave shape seen from the front. I suspect it has something to do with the foil. Base, wonderous treasures and hidden treasures all show this tendency out of the box. Maybe you have the same problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lameyer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Cybarite wrote:
My magic item cards have a tendency to bend on their own, taking on a slightly concave shape seen from the front. I suspect it has something to do with the foil. Base, wonderous treasures and hidden treasures all show this tendency out of the box. Maybe you have the same problem?

Yea maybe this is the issue. I thought it was the sleeves bending them but even the ones I never put in sleeves after noticing the bend seem to have it. Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are referring to card sleeve corners bending, I have seen this issue. It was not related to the card type overall. Instead what I discovered was that the insert, being vacuum molded, is slightly curved. When you pack the cards into the insert with premium sleeves they take up a little more space. When they rise up slightly higher, they compress against the box cover, the top and bottom cards in one of the insert alcoves start showing the brunt of the damage and start to show the curvature.

My temporary solution, pack the cards loosely in those alcoves.

My planned long term solution: ditch the insert, use tuck boxes or the card sleeve boxes to store the cards within the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cro codilos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what sleeves size did you use (in cm), because i want to preorder sleeves and the answers about sleeve size are still divided...thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
crocodilos wrote:
what sleeves size did you use (in cm), because i want to preorder sleeves and the answers about sleeve size are still divided...thanx

Standard card size (mtg sizes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cro codilos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanx for your answer, unfortunately i dont play "mtg" so as i see some say "mtg" cards are 63x88cm and some others say 65x92cm...which leads me to the same question.....which of the 2 sleeve sizes for dragonfire without bending the cards or without being much bigger than the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
crocodilos wrote:
thanx for your answer, unfortunately i dont play "mtg" so as i see some say "mtg" cards are 63x88cm and some others say 65x92cm...which leads me to the same question.....which of the 2 sleeve sizes for dragonfire without bending the cards or without being much bigger than the card.

"Standard" is the size.

For example: https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/144342
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.