Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I believe overall I understood the "new" rules that come with the App but I am somewhat unclear about the "Move X to Reposition Y" instruction.

As a pretext to the instructions the rules clearly state that an instruction is to be ignored if there is no change in the game UNLESS the rules state otherwise.

Within the Reposition rule it says: "If the Imperial figure cannot move far enough to satisfy the reposition value, it DOES NOT SKIP this instruction".

There are scenarios when a figure won't move at all because it's somewhat "trapped" between some rebel figures and thus it's already at the farthest/closest position to as many rebels as possible. If that's case would I then skip the instruction? Personally I think I should...

Thanks,
Markus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule Book page 15: "Imperial figures always resolve a reposition instruction as well as they can. If the Imperial figure cannot move far enough to satisfy the reposition value, it does not skip this instruction."

If an imperial figure is already in the best reposition position it can get to, it still resolves the move action. (It basically rests for it's second action.)

See, also, the rule for Move X to Engage on page 14:

"If the figure is already adjacent to the target, it does not
skip this instruction. The instruction is considered resolved and
costs an action if it was preceded by the A symbol."

Essentially the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not what the rule is saying, Graham.

It is saying that if it cannot move far enough, it still moves as far as it can go.

However, it says nothing at all about what it does when it cannot move at all to get a better reposition. I would take that to follow the general rule that it would skip the instruction in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.