8 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: BSG: Legacy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cross-post from the Variants subforum. For progress, session write-ups and custom characters please check out the original thread! https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1685209/bsg-legacy
------------------
After having the idea for a "Legacy" style BSG campaign and reading through some threads on here, I decided on the below rules and we started on our adventure.

Campaign rules:
- Each season must be completed (i.e. humans win) before moving onto the next season. Replay each season many times as necessary.
- Campaign ends when the fourth season is completed, OR when there are not enough characters available to play the next game (see Character rules below).
- Wins & losses for each player are tracked over the campaign. The player with the most wins at the end wins the campaign!
- If the previous game was lost due to a resource reaching zero, start the next game with 1 extra of that resource (if more than one resource reached zero, the President at game end chooses which one to gain 1 extra in).

Character rules:
- When the humans win a game, the same characters must be chosen in the next game (by the same player if possible).
- If the humans lose (or any who are executed) they are dead and can’t be chosen in future games.
- Boomer may always be chosen however.
- Cylon characters can be chosen again – partly thematic (“There are many copies…”) and partly to avoid running out of characters too quickly.
- The next time such a character is chosen, they receive 1 additional loyalty card like Gaius does (though ignore this for Gaius and Boomer).
- So they’re not necessarily cylon again… perhaps a sleeper copy has been encountered, or a copy that has seemingly defected to the human side…
- If a piloted viper is destroyed, the pilot is executed.

Module rules:
- Use complete Daybreak expansion (except characters and the Search for Home) in all games - because it's awesome.
- Cylon Leaders must be used with 4 or 6 players, though the player need not stick with them if they win.
- Use the location overlays from Daybreak as well as rules regarding hand limits and Loyalty Card hand-offs from revealed Cylons.

Season rules:

Season 1: Kobol
- Only base game characters can be used (except Cylon Leaders, which are all available)
- Only base game & Daybreak loyalty, crisis and skill cards

Season 2: New Caprica
- Pegasus characters & cards added
- House rule: Helena Cain's "Blind Jump" must draw an unscouted destination card
- Pegasus ship appears after the fleet jumps for the first time
- Pegasus ship can be used in all future games until it’s destroyed
- Basestars damage Pegasus on a roll of 1-3 and Galactica on 4-8

Season 3: The Ionian Nebula
- Exodus characters & cards added
- Remove Pegasus cards
- Add Personal Goals and Final Five loyalty cards
- Cylon Fleet Board is used (though not absolutely necessary)
- Any characters eliminated at the Crossroads phase are gone
- Ally cards corresponding to dead characters are replaced

Season 4: The Search For Home
- Daybreak characters added (except alternate versions of dead characters, and replace the original versions of the alive ones)
- House rule: Tom Zarek (Military) "Necessary Steps" now only allows him to "scout" the Mutiny Deck (possibly putting the card on the bottom) before anyone draws a card. "Disreputable" also forces him to draw 1 Mutiny Card immediately after the Sleeper Phase.
- If Starbuck died in a previous game, she is available for selection again
- Demetrius ship and Missions are added
- Personal Goals and Final Five loyalty cards remain in play
- Cylon Fleet Board remains in play
- When 6 distance is reached, the “Cylon Civil War” mission is activated instead of the next crisis (remove this mission from the mission deck before the game starts)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
So.. .this is a campaign right?
I don't have to DESTROY anything in my OOP game right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I cooked up something similar a few years ago, though we haven't gotten past the first game yet, heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've been running a couple PBF's with my own take on the concept; one of them recently finished up, while the other is still on the way to the Ionian Nebula.

Since it's all on the forums, I have been able to tear things up and do other fun Legacy things without destroying my own copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
So.. .this is a campaign right?
I don't have to DESTROY anything in my OOP game right?

My point is ... just call it campaign instead of implying the BS associated with legacy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Originally I did call it campaign but decided to jump on the Legacy bandwagon. Everyone - please don't destroy any BSG components... they're virtually priceless these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Dundalk
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run 2 of these now. Even added my own variant called "Gemini".
BSG is amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nice, how does Gemini work?

It is amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.