Subject: Jeep, Weapon and Transport rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could somebody confirm that a Jeep may be used to transport a Weapon Team ?

As there is no reference to weapons in the transport table (5.1.6.A), is a Weapon Team considered an Infantry step?

The confusion comes from the Jeep’s transport capacity which is limited to one infantry step OR just a few rounds of ammunition. And a Weapon team is composed of the team, the ammo, and… the weapon…

If the answer to the above question is "yes", an exception should probably be made in "7.4.3 Riding in Jeeps or Trucks" to prohibit firing embarked weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thierry Aradan wrote:

If the answer to the above question is "yes", an exception should probably be made in "7.4.3 Riding in Jeeps or Trucks" to prohibit firing embarked weapons.

Why do you feel it should be prohibited?

I usually embark my HMG on the jeep and fire from the vehicle, withouth disembarking (as long as the HMG is not marked as "exposed").

I might be wrong, but I don't take into account the ammo being carried by the infantry unit. For me, the vehicle transport capacity is two infantry steps, no matter how much of their own ammo those units are carrying.

And yes, weapon teams are infantry. Units are either infantry or vehicles, so every non-vehicle unit is an infantry unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Cesar.
I just imagine that operating a mortar or a heavy HMG from a crowded jeep is not that easy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.