Commies!» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Late Game Strategy - Holding your leaders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Cordes
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey just looking for some other thoughts about how to play the hand below. I keep finding myself in this place near the end of a game, starting a plot with most or all of my leaders. In the case below I really want to get to the bolshevik side, but I don't have many boot power cards to make sure bolsheviks get the win. Any ideas?

The picture is from the 4th plot and the second round, meaning everyone has played one card. I am nearly out of supporters so if I lose this round the game will be over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bott
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great question. If it wasn't do-or-die I'd say use this opportunity to dump a bunch of weak power cards and start next hand with all your leaders, otherwise known as Complete Board Control (When you have 3 leaders of one color you have significant control over the destiny of that party).

Menshevik winners tend to end up winning more supporters because Bolshevik stacks are almost always larger. If you can stay Menshevik that's the fastest path back into the game.

Some possible approaches:

* If it seems like blue might have others' leaders and/or fists, you could try to make a deal with blue to play everyone else's leaders and a bunch of fists. You're basically guaranteed to end up a Menshevik

* You could announce your intent to play a lot of fists, trying to bait others with some degree of board control into committing to the Bolsheviks, then play all your leaders to get to move left as quickly as possible.

* You could identify someone with lots of fists and claim you have a leader or two of theirs, and promise to play them. You could claim it was a State Secret when it was not revealed. By the time the subterfuge was discovered they'd be really committed. You would just play a few fists and then possibly Angela Davis to cement Blue as a Bolshevik and grow their leader stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lowe
United States
California
flag msg tools
Casey has put together a short video going over 3 of the many options available to players at this stage of the game. Check it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls