Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Deus $35.00 with Free Shipping (CSI $50.99) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Manzella
United States
Hamilton
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has Deus for $35.00 with Free Shipping


CSI sells this for $50.99



BGG Info



Geeklist: Amazon FREE SHIPPING Hot Deals
5 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
All I need is 1 more boardgame...always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because somewhere sells something for cheaper than CSI does not make it a hot deal. This price is what the game has been selling at on Amazon for 6 months of the last year.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Asmodee-DEUS01ASM-Deus-Board-Gam...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
All I need is 1 more boardgame...always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
42 percent off a really good asmodee title is hot deal fair game.

Certainly more useful here than the spam "in stock at normal prices" posts that ******** won't stop posting.


We'll just have to agree to disagree. What is a Hot Deal sticky indicates that Camelcamelcamel be used to determine if a price is really a hot deal. What other use would CCC have other than to show that a price is lower than what is normally available? People don't go around posting MM, CSI, or CH normal prices with the claim that it's a hot deal because it's sold for cheaper than the other outlets in question. If this line of thinking does qualify as a hot deal, then this forum should just be a price list of the cheapest place you can buy any given game.

I'm not attempting to tear the poster down. I'm trying to prevent someone from purchasing this assuming they are getting a holiday deal, when really they could likely purchase this at this price several months from now. Some people, myself included, have limited funds to spend during the holiday times, and I certainly wouldn't want to make a purchase of a board game at this time of year only to find I could have spent my money on another game at one of a multitude of sales found at this time of year that is actually a sale/deal.

Lastly, name calling just makes you seem as though you aren't intelligent enough to make a logical argument supporting your case. You may want to consider that in the future because it detracts from your cause of attempting to persuade individuals to agree with your line of thinking.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deepak Mahboobani
msg tools
mb
Thanks for letting us know. I ended up buying this game after seeing your post.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
otoolejp wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
42 percent off a really good asmodee title is hot deal fair game.

Certainly more useful here than the spam "in stock at normal prices" posts that ******** won't stop posting.


We'll just have to agree to disagree. What is a Hot Deal sticky indicates that Camelcamelcamel be used to determine if a price is really a hot deal. What other use would CCC have other than to show that a price is lower than what is normally available? People don't go around posting MM, CSI, or CH normal prices with the claim that it's a hot deal because it's sold for cheaper than the other outlets in question. If this line of thinking does qualify as a hot deal, then this forum should just be a price list of the cheapest place you can buy any given game.

I'm not attempting to tear the poster down. I'm trying to prevent someone from purchasing this assuming they are getting a holiday deal, when really they could likely purchase this at this price several months from now. Some people, myself included, have limited funds to spend during the holiday times, and I certainly wouldn't want to make a purchase of a board game at this time of year only to find I could have spent my money on another game at one of a multitude of sales found at this time of year that is actually a sale/deal.

Lastly, name calling just makes you seem as though you aren't intelligent enough to make a logical argument supporting your case. You may want to consider that in the future because it detracts from your cause of attempting to persuade individuals to agree with your line of thinking.


If your argument is that this should have been posted already fine. Maybe it had been but I don't think it has been for months.

I highly doubt it's actually been on amazon with free shipping, no tax, 35 bucks as often as you are interpreting ccc to say it has been.

Do you know anything about asmodee's pricing policies?

Your interpretation of what is a hot deals rules are wrong. Evaluate your disagreement. It is not correct.

Don't shit on people's posts based on that wrong understanding.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if it has been this price on Amazon for some time(which still is a deal, compared to other sites), I was completely unaware of it until now.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hot Deals police strike again!

I wonder how these people behave in actual face-to-face interactions?

Just let it go. Your life has not been affected by someone's post of what you consider a lukewarm deal.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
otoolejp wrote:
Just because somewhere sells something for cheaper than CSI does not make it a hot deal. This price is what the game has been selling at on Amazon for 6 months of the last year.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Asmodee-DEUS01ASM-Deus-Board-Gam...


This is why people don't post. How hard is it to say:

"FYI - according to CCC it's been this price for ~6 months. It's cheaper than CSI for sure, but holding steady at Amazon."

The common courtesy around here is in the absolute toilet lately.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugnaught Lundegaard
msg tools
mbmb
Nobody needs you to personally validate whether or not a deal is good enough for them to act upon.

I appreciate people drawing my attention to sales, and I can make my own determination from there about whether (and when) to buy, without any additional hand holding.

You're scaring people (myself included) from being a more active participant in this forum.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubman23 wrote:
otoolejp wrote:
Just because somewhere sells something for cheaper than CSI does not make it a hot deal. This price is what the game has been selling at on Amazon for 6 months of the last year.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Asmodee-DEUS01ASM-Deus-Board-Gam...


This is why people don't post. How hard is it to say:

"FYI - according to CCC it's been this price for ~6 months. It's cheaper than CSI for sure, but holding steady at Amazon."

The common courtesy around here is in the absolute toilet lately.


So much this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubman23 wrote:


The common courtesy around here is in the absolute toilet lately.


One could argue that before using a public forum, common courtesy indicates you should understand the rules first.

They're posted right at the top.

So who's definition of common courtesy are we using?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
So who's definition of common courtesy are we using?


Whichever one says that you shouldn't attack someone for trying to do something nice.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
So who's definition of common courtesy are we using?


Whichever one says that you shouldn't attack someone for trying to do something nice.


Is taking food from someone's plate who has a lot, to give to someone who has none, nice?

It'd be courteous to one person, but rude to another. See how complicated things get? That's why we establish rules.

But I digress.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan O'Toole
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
All I need is 1 more boardgame...always.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cubman23 wrote:
otoolejp wrote:
Just because somewhere sells something for cheaper than CSI does not make it a hot deal. This price is what the game has been selling at on Amazon for 6 months of the last year.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Asmodee-DEUS01ASM-Deus-Board-Gam...


This is why people don't post. How hard is it to say:

"FYI - according to CCC it's been this price for ~6 months. It's cheaper than CSI for sure, but holding steady at Amazon."

The common courtesy around here is in the absolute toilet lately.


How quick people are these days to assume being direct is diametrically opposed to being courteous. I didn't call him names, I didn't tell him his post didn't belong here though I did suggest that might be the case. I made two factual statements. It's not my fault if a person chooses to infer rudeness from it. Perhaps I'm obtuse but I honestly don't see the difference between what you suggested saying and what I said other than your's subtracting the fact that something being cheaper than CSI does not automatically make it a hot deal.

In the same way you find it discourteous to point out to someone the guidelines of the hot deal forums, I find it discourteous for someone to not follow the guidelines of the forums. As I stated above, choosing to do so can cause other people to make imprudent financial decisions based on a posting in this forum that excludes important facts about the deal.

In the end, I treated him in the same way I would want to be treated in the same situation--being provided information that might be helpful in future postings in this forum. I'm sorry certain people feel differently.

I'm done with this though. Everyone else can feel free to have the last word on this discussion.
6 
 Thumb up
1.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.