Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunnar Wortmann
Germany
Menden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened than? Can I use another fight action to fight again? what's about the hp from the enemy? Is it refreshed with every new fight action?

the for help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
From the learn to play guide, under Fight Action:

Quote:

During a fight, if you do not kill the enemy, it remains in its space. Your hits do not carry over from fight to fight. The next survivor to fight that enemy will have to start over

I think you can try to fight the same enemy in the same turn with your second action. I don't see any rules that say you can't.

If you drew the enemy as part of a quest or encounter action and you fail, you discard that enemy and perform the fail result on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to score a number of hits equal to the level of the enemy within the same combat to kill it.

If you miss you must start a new fight or wait for it to fight during enemy activation to try again to kill it.

Once you get several rerolls and/or have drug items to manipulate the dice it becomes relatively easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwort110 wrote:
What happened than? Can I use another fight action to fight again? what's about the hp from the enemy? Is it refreshed with every new fight action?

the for help

Yes, if you have another action remaining, you may Fight again. There is no tracking of "partial damage" for Enemies. The Enemies are at full strength for every Fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmb
"Learn to play book"
Quote:

Fighting Action
During a fight, if you do not kill the enemy, it remains in its
space. Your hits do not carry over from fight to fight. The next
survivor to fight that enemy will have to start over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunnar Wortmann
Germany
Menden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thx guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Silva
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One quick question:

I got an encounter card yesterday without a 'fail'-option. It read something like this:

Fight X
(Loot icon) - Add YYY - Become Iconized

We assumed that the loot icon, added card and iconized-status only applied if I fought and WON? The encounter didn't specify that I had to do anything but FIGHT the enemy though and as mentioned before there was not a fail-text.

I lost the fight (enemy was not killed) - and therefore we applied neither of the results, although I was thinking if the added card could have been something that was added even though the enemy survived and that the intention/choosing to fight the enemy was enough to get me idolized - not necessarily to win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmb
FS1976 wrote:
One quick question:

I got an encounter card yesterday without a 'fail'-option. It read something like this:

Fight X

We assumed that the loot icon, added card and iconized-status only applied if I fought and WON? The encounter didn't specify that I had to do anything but FIGHT the enemy though and as mentioned before there was not a fail-text.

I lost the fight (enemy was not killed) - and therefore we applied neither of the results, although I was thinking if the added card could have been something that was added even though the enemy survived and that the intention/choosing to fight the enemy was enough to get me idolized - not necessarily to win?

Hi!

I'd guess you just need to fight the enemy, and whether you win or loose you get the 'bonus'.

I don't have my copy of the game yet, but in other cases it says "Kill xxx", right?

So, it seems consistent that you just need to confront the enemy, as there is no Fail-text...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It all depends how its noted.
Generally, the bold part indicates the requirement for completing it while the lower part indicates the rewards/consequences upon completion.

So if the fight is part of the requirement, you must win the fight to get the reward, but if the fight is part of the consequences, then it doesnt matter if you win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randel
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FS1976 wrote:
One quick question:

Fight X

From the Rules Reference under "Fight/Gain XP":

When instructed to “draw and fight” an enemy, the survivor
draws an enemy of the specified type from the supply,
resolves all steps of the fight with that enemy, and then
discards the enemy token.

If doing this as part of a quest objective or encounter options,
the survivor succeeds only if he or she kills the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Silva
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reference, Scott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.