Recommend
27 
 Thumb up
 Hide
72 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » GeekBay

Subject: "MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS" Rules and Discussion Page rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: geek-auction-aggregator [+] [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
TroyBentonGames wrote:
Clearing out board games auction ends 4/25/2108

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/240281/clearing-out-b...

Ends on 4/25/2018

Some items on list.
Gloomhaven
Nations
Teenage mutant ninja Turtles - Shadows of the past.
Mice and mystics
Pandemic with expansions and broken token box.
Better to place it on the actual metalist - this is just the discussion page:

MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Fender
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I won an auction item, actually two, in the same auction that sat too long in the geek market (by the seller) and the items were canceled. I later got an email from the seller with payment instructions for paypal. I feel like he is avoiding the small fee that the geek market places on the items by letting the item timeout then contacting me separately. I really want to support BGG. Am I correct in this or does it not really matter? It just made me feel "uncomfortable". Sorry if this is not the right place to ask just was not sure where to go. Thank you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gamerfrog wrote:
I won an auction item, actually two, in the same auction that sat too long in the geek market (by the seller) and the items were canceled. I later got an email from the seller with payment instructions for paypal. I feel like he is avoiding the small fee that the geek market places on the items by letting the item timeout then contacting me separately. I really want to support BGG. Am I correct in this or does it not really matter? It just made me feel "uncomfortable". Sorry if this is not the right place to ask just was not sure where to go. Thank you.

I would contact him and say, recreate the items in the BGG marketplace so I can complete the checkout process officially.

Just state it flatly and without apology.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
gamerfrog wrote:
I won an auction item, actually two, in the same auction that sat too long in the geek market (by the seller) and the items were canceled. I later got an email from the seller with payment instructions for paypal. I feel like he is avoiding the small fee that the geek market places on the items by letting the item timeout then contacting me separately. I really want to support BGG. Am I correct in this or does it not really matter? It just made me feel "uncomfortable". Sorry if this is not the right place to ask just was not sure where to go. Thank you.

I would contact him and say, recreate the items in the BGG marketplace so I can complete the checkout process officially.

Just state it flatly and without apology.

Agreed. If the items time out, he should recreate them in the geekmarket. Avoiding the fee is probably against BGG's terms of use for auctions whether intentional or not.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinruns262 wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
gamerfrog wrote:
I won an auction item, actually two, in the same auction that sat too long in the geek market (by the seller) and the items were canceled. I later got an email from the seller with payment instructions for paypal. I feel like he is avoiding the small fee that the geek market places on the items by letting the item timeout then contacting me separately. I really want to support BGG. Am I correct in this or does it not really matter? It just made me feel "uncomfortable". Sorry if this is not the right place to ask just was not sure where to go. Thank you.

I would contact him and say, recreate the items in the BGG marketplace so I can complete the checkout process officially.

Just state it flatly and without apology.

Agreed. If the items time out, he should recreate them in the geekmarket. Avoiding the fee is probably against BGG's terms of use for auctions whether intentional or not.
It is 100% against policy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Fender
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the replies. It bothered me a lot and I will reach out to him about it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Up for auction, parts for Argent The Consortium.

Set of Shapeways-printed 3D colored bases for Argent: The Consortium



Set of first edition minis (including the Mancers expansion) for Argent: The Consortium.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
An item on my Auction geeklist has just found a buyer in the Geekmarket. What's considered fair?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
An item on my Auction geeklist has just found a buyer in the Geekmarket. What's considered fair?

If your reserve not met then end auction item.

If so, cancel the BGG sale.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
klkitchens wrote:
tilouboy wrote:
An item on my Auction geeklist has just found a buyer in the Geekmarket. What's considered fair?

If your reserve not met then end auction item.

If so, cancel the BGG sale.

I chose not to put a reserve and there are bidders. So I'll cancel the sale, I guess.

Thanks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
tilouboy wrote:
An item on my Auction geeklist has just found a buyer in the Geekmarket. What's considered fair?

If your reserve not met then end auction item.

If so, cancel the BGG sale.

I chose not to put a reserve and there are bidders. So I'll cancel the sale, I guess.

Thanks.
I'd put the purchase price as a bid in the auction.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
corkysru wrote:
tilouboy wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
tilouboy wrote:
An item on my Auction geeklist has just found a buyer in the Geekmarket. What's considered fair?

If your reserve not met then end auction item.

If so, cancel the BGG sale.

I chose not to put a reserve and there are bidders. So I'll cancel the sale, I guess.

Thanks.
I'd put the purchase price as a bid in the auction.

That's an idea. I'll ask the buyer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
An item on my Auction geeklist has just found a buyer in the Geekmarket. What's considered fair?

When I do an auction, I always hide those items in my inventory until the auction is over.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
kevinruns262 wrote:
tilouboy wrote:
An item on my Auction geeklist has just found a buyer in the Geekmarket. What's considered fair?

When I do an auction, I always hide those items in my inventory until the auction is over.

It is my first auction, I'll remember that for the next one, thanks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"closed and sold" Re: "MetaList for GeekList AUCTIONS" Rules and Discussion Page
as far as I know there are only two of us with auction finding tools left (that feed off your metalist)...

Yet Another Geek Auction Finder Tool (appended to side of the OLWLG)

BGG Metalist Auction... meta site

and we've agreed to like for the complete auction geeklist's being able to mark them "closed" in order to address both perpetual auction geeklists (such as the charity one that's geeklist item #1 on the metalist) and for auction items with BIN (buy it now) options that may be sold prior to the complete auction being over, we've agreed to the following....

Any auction geeklist item with the phrase (case insensitive and quotes not needed) in the items description/body:

"closed and sold"

will be ignored.

fwiw my tool (yet another ....) will also ignore any items whose original posting timestamp is over 60 days.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb J
United States
Westport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

# OF ITEMS UP FOR AUCTION

I wonder if it makes sense to request that the number of items included in an action be listed in the title (as part of the general guidelines)?

The reason I think about this is that often I'll see an auction listed as "Everything Must GO!!!!" or "Selling My Collection!" and when you click on the link, there only are 2 or 3 items listed.

Everyone's entitled to promote, but if you're looking, for example, for deeper cuts, you're less likely to find an item of interest in a short list.

Other users might have time constraints, so auctions with a higher number of items might be more of interest.

As a result of my experience with auction titles, I tend to spend more time looking through collective charity auctions or no-ship con auctions.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
klkitchens wrote:
kevinruns262 wrote:
Pahn wrote:
With pictures, it certainly makes for a lot more scrolling, so it's not all upside.

Without the list, I have to click on the person's auction and then scroll through their entire auction. I'd rather scroll a bit more on the main page. People are free to do what they like of course, but I prefer seeing the list up front. If I'm not interested when I read the list, making me go to the auction and look through all of the items isn't going to cause me to be more interested.

Auction Tools Update

Now you can choose... With Images or Without...
2 
 Thumb up
6.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
* Feel free to comment under any items but realize that each comment will trigger all those subscribed to that item. Please keep it on point. It would be better to post any questions to the auction itself so anyone monitoring just that auction sees the discussion.

In the last week, I feel I got as many subscription notices from comments and edits as I did from new posts, if not more. It's pretty irritating, and I'm seriously considering unsubscribing from the metalist.

Consider this a PSA that every time you add a silly unnecessary comment to a geeklist item, EVERYONE subscribed to the list gets a notification.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:
Quote:
* Feel free to comment under any items but realize that each comment will trigger all those subscribed to that item. Please keep it on point. It would be better to post any questions to the auction itself so anyone monitoring just that auction sees the discussion.

In the last week, I feel I got as many subscription notices from comments and edits as I did from new posts, if not more. It's pretty irritating, and I'm seriously considering unsubscribing from the metalist.

Consider this a PSA that every time you add a silly unnecessary comment to a geeklist item, EVERYONE subscribed to the list gets a notification.


Who is to determine if they are silly and unnecessary though?

However, not EVERYONE gets a notification. I turn off (have for years) notifications for geeklist comments UNLESS I'm subscribed to a given geeklist item. I get notified for new items added, but not for comments on the list or the items unless I opt in to subscribe.

Only sane way to manage volume really. Try it out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
fastattaq wrote:
Quote:
* Feel free to comment under any items but realize that each comment will trigger all those subscribed to that item. Please keep it on point. It would be better to post any questions to the auction itself so anyone monitoring just that auction sees the discussion.

In the last week, I feel I got as many subscription notices from comments and edits as I did from new posts, if not more. It's pretty irritating, and I'm seriously considering unsubscribing from the metalist.

Consider this a PSA that every time you add a silly unnecessary comment to a geeklist item, EVERYONE subscribed to the list gets a notification.


ColtsFan76 wrote:
Potential Bidders:

If you would like to be notified of new auctions, please subscribe to this MetaList.

* If you do not want to be notified of comments, you will need to modify the subscription by clicking the down arrow to the right of "Unsubscribe" in the header, then clicking on "Edit Subscription", then selecting "No" as a drop down under "Comment"; or try this link: https://boardgamegeek.com/subscription/edit/feed/geeklist/66....
** This is strongly recommended if you do not want the "noise" generated by user comments.

* Please also click the above link or "Edit Subscription" below to ensure that your personal default for "GeekList Item" does not resolve to "No" despite having subscribed. Otherwise you may not be notified of new auctions.

* If you would like to be notified of new information of a specific auction, please also subscribe to that specific GeekList Item. This will override the general subscription setting of the MetaList. Any comment to that item will notify of the new content.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G

El Segundo
California
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you- that's the exact adjustment I never knew I needed
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just created a second auction that is part 2 of my auction I started another day. I didn't have time to list everything in the first auction because I'm moving. I hope this is okay.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
I just created a second auction that is part 2 of my auction I started another day. I didn't have time to list everything in the first auction because I'm moving. I hope this is okay.

That’s what my tool is for
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don think I understand. How would you use your tool in relation to a second auction?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Has anyone here noticed under the Bazaar drop down there is a new-ish (I don't know when it appeared) selection, "Geek Shopper"? It seems to be an Auction Aggregator based on your wishlist.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |