Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vospire wrote:
Has anyone here noticed under the Bazaar drop down there is a new-ish (I don't know when it appeared) selection, "Geek Shopper"? It seems to be an Auction Aggregator based on your wishlist.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2183284/new-feature-auction...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just realized today is the 8 year anniversary of the MetaList.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Vospire wrote:
Has anyone here noticed under the Bazaar drop down there is a new-ish (I don't know when it appeared) selection, "Geek Shopper"? It seems to be an Auction Aggregator based on your wishlist.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2183284/new-feature-auction...

Huh. Only took me 6 days to find it. I'm impressed with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
hawkins007d wrote:
This has become more prevalent over the past year. Some users are exploiting this and circumventing the rules against multiple edits.

When I see it happen, I post on their entry. If you see this, please post as well. We have no means to actually enforce the rule (unless I take up more of my time to keep a record of abusers and then remove their auctions) so we have no tool but public shaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Given that more and more people are not showing an end date on their auction (or editing it out of their title when they close it), I am going to implement the following policy change:

If an Auction is stated as closed/ended with no end date posted, it will be deleted from the Metalist as soon as seven (7) days after the original posted date.

This will have less impact on the sellers as the auction is closed, but might impact bidders that want to see the final results or follow up on an auction they won.

Current policy is to keep the list up at least three (3) days after an auction closes based on community feedback.

It has just become too time consuming to maintain the list when there isn't an end date posted. Today I had almost a dozen closed auctions to clear and most of those did not have a clear end date posted.

If you are a seller, please help me avoid this altogether and post an end date clearly in the entry, with bold text, or color. Having a date that is buried in a wall of text is not very helpful either.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I subscribe to individual auction items that I’m bidding on or interested in so I still have an easy path back to them if the auction gets removed from the metalist. I would encourage others to do that as well. This will remove any potential impact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.