California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook Errata
Page 13:
Modify the sentence with the following:
The Recovery Phase is separated into four six steps. Both players complete each step in order.

Page 14:
Add the sentence to the last paragraph:
If a fighter jumps while the opposing fighter occupies their current space, the opposing fighter immediately retreats one space. A Jumping fighter may not end its movement on or move through a space occupied by another Jumping fighter. A Jumping fighter stops on the space in front of an opponent’s Jumping fighter, because it cannot pass through that space.

Page 20:
Modify the sentence with the following:
To combo Light Kick, its priority must be equal or or higher than the original action’s Priority Score.

Card Errata
Wall Jump
Replace the sentence with the following:
Start: If you are not on the edge of the arena track, Jump. Otherwise, cancel this action.

ND-2000 Character Card
The first technique should be Component and not ND-2000.

Self-Destruct Overloard
Replace the sentence with the following:
X equals the number of modes in your fighter area.

FAQ
Can I play an action without dice?
You cannot play an action if you do not have dice or are unwilling to spend dice.

Do multiple effect keyword, such as Stun or Trash, stack?
Yes, if an action has keyword and gain the same keyword, each keyword take effect independently, effectively stacking.

Can I be hit by my own blast token?
No, only your opponent token can hit you.

Can I be hit by a blast token when moving into the same space?
Yes

With the repeat keyword, does damage bonus apply to each resolution?
When using the REPEAT keyword, damage bonus are only applied to the last resolution of the action.

When does the SPECIAL keyword resolve/trigger?
You resolve the SPECIAL keyword when you HIT the opponent on the box with the special icon.

What happens if a player has to discard a block?
You may not purposefully discard a block from your hand, so the instance of it happening are rare.
- Ranveer's Guru's Insight, take the block back into your hand instead of discarding.
- Severina’s Fatal Attraction, discard another card randomly instead.

What happen if a low blast is on the same space as a knocked down fighter?
When the fighter use their command to stand or crouch, the blast hit them. After resolving the blast, the fighter may complete his command (advance, retreat, draw and/or energize).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
Thanks Ben! It may also be helpful to mention the promotional fighters ND and Blazing Soul are probably. Ot gonna be tourney legal, since I can see a great competitive scene for this game's future. Maybe not errata, but helpful and once everything but those two hit retail, it mat very well be a Frequently Asked Question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnnie C.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my ND-2000 character card, one of his styles is listed as "ND-2000." I think it should be listed as "Components" to match ND-2000's unique technique pack name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When exactly does the “Special” keyword trigger? Do you have to have priority to activate your Special triggers? For example if Severina plays Psychic Block and loses on priority but the opponent is still in the Special location of her hit box can she burnout 1 to Trash 1?

If Ranveer has Guru’s Insight mode in play and he chooses to play Block + anything else what happens if he chooses to discard the block? Does the block go back to his hand? Is the block actually discarded? Is he even allowed to chose the block to be discarded (making it pointless to play Block with Guru’s Insight)? The rules state clearly that blocks can never be discarded but in card games the text of cards always trumps the rule book so just wanted to check what would happen here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have edited the errata with your questions, thanks for posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait- that can't be right. If you can discard a block, and it returns to hand if discarded, doesn't that completely defeat the point of the "trash" effect?

It also clearly says at the bottom of page 26 hat blocks can never be discarded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
Wait- that can't be right. If you can discard a block, and it returns to hand if discarded, doesn't that completely defeat the point of the "trash" effect?

It also clearly says at the bottom of page 26 hat blocks can never be discarded

Trash does specify that block isn’t included in the cards that can be discarded.

I think it’s a typo in the OP. I think it should say “you may NOT purposefully discard a block...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, fixed and clarified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an action has two conditions and then an effect do both conditions need to be met or can they be met individually and if so do they stack?

For example Knockout Punch (Hard style, Stun pack) has the secondary effect: Special and Damage: Stun equal to damage dealt.

If Knockout Punch hits and deals two damage but the target isn’t in the special zones does it still inflict Stun two? And if the target is dealt two damage and is in the special zones would it deal four Stun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
If an action has two conditions and then an effect do both conditions need to be met or can they be met individually and if so do they stack?

For example Knockout Punch (Hard style, Stun pack) has the secondary effect: Special and Damage: Stun equal to damage dealt.

If Knockout Punch hits and deals two damage but the target isn’t in the special zones does it still inflict Stun two? And if the target is dealt two damage and is in the special zones would it deal four Stun?

In that case both keywords needs to be valid, so you would not stun at all, if the target is not in the special zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if a low blast moves through a space with a knockdowned opponent? What happens if a high or low blast ends the turn on a knockdowned opponent’s space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
What happens if a low blast moves through a space with a knockdowned opponent?

Nothing, the blast move through as if there was not fighter.
ClanNatioy wrote:
What happens if a high or low blast ends the turn on a knockdowned opponent’s space?

On the next turn, when the player use Shift or Kneel command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
What happens if a high or low blast ends the turn on a knockdowned opponent’s space?

the_yoshi wrote:

I’m confused what you mean by this. Are you saying the blast will resolve after that player picks their command? So if they choose to kneel they would be hit and damaged by the blast?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnnie C.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
ClanNatioy wrote:

the_yoshi wrote:

I’m confused what you mean by this. Are you saying the blast will resolve after that player picks their command? So if they choose to kneel they would be hit and damaged by the blast?

I believe the Blast should resolve on Step 5 by Priority Score value. Command is Step 1. For example, against High Blast token on your space where you were previously Knockdown, you can kneel at Step 1 to avoid the High Blast. Against Low Blast on your space where you were previously Knockdown. you can kneel at Step 1 and choose Block Action on Step 2. If your Block Action have a higher Priority Score value than the Blast token Priority Score value, you can reduced/negate the damage.

My understanding is that players cannot move past blast tokens in a similar way that they cannot move past opposing fighter. The exception is if the the action has the Traverse keyword. I don't think the rulebook made clear the timing/rules of movement outside of Action cards related to Blasts. I assume, then that you won't be able to Shift (Advance 1) when the Blast token is on the same space as you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blast resolve with their priority or when a fighter move into them. An opposing Blast will hit your fighter as soon as you enter a space and have the right position.

If you are knocked down, you are already on the same space, after your command you are either standing or crouching, and a low blast will hit. As you cannot have a card in play, it is unblockable but also does not cancel any of your action as you have known.

Similarly, you leap into an opposing high blast played the previous turn, you will be hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith

Kentucky
msg tools
Hey Ben fist of all loving the game! I have a couple questions for you .
1. Are you ever able to advance or retreat while crouched? If so do you stand up and then move and remain standing or do you stay crouched and move and remain crouched?

2. If my opponent is jumping and I hit him first which cancels his action does he land or stay in the air as far as combos go?

3. Sort of relating to number 2 I just need a little more clarification on jumping and landing. If I'm jumping and attack and hit my opponent do I land after that and start comboing or do I combo from the air?

4. Do I have these right? If I'm standing and my opponent is standing or crouching I can't advance through him I stop in front of him. If both of us are jumping we can't occupy the same space. If one of us are jumping then we can occupy the same space until the jumper lands at which point he is placed 1 square in front of the other fighter. Finally if my opponent is jumping I can advance through his square since he's in the air and I'm running under him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomicfryingpan wrote:

1. Are you ever able to advance or retreat while crouched? If so do you stand up and then move and remain standing or do you stay crouched and move and remain crouched?

You do not advance or retreat when kneeling, but if an action makes you move when crouching, you do move and remain crouching (example: shoulder roll).
Atomicfryingpan wrote:

2. If my opponent is jumping and I hit him first which cancels his action does he land or stay in the air as far as combos go?

The opponent stays in the air, juggle at your leasure.
Atomicfryingpan wrote:

3. Sort of relating to number 2 I just need a little more clarification on jumping and landing. If I'm jumping and attack and hit my opponent do I land after that and start comboing or do I combo from the air?

When jumping, you stand after resolving any action, but a move action. So it would be leap do your strike, stand and then combo with another action. Or leap, do a move action, combo with another action, then stand.
Atomicfryingpan wrote:

4. Do I have these right? If I'm standing and my opponent is standing or crouching I can't advance through him I stop in front of him. If both of us are jumping we can't occupy the same space. If one of us are jumping then we can occupy the same space until the jumper lands at which point he is placed 1 square in front of the other fighter. Finally if my opponent is jumping I can advance through his square since he's in the air and I'm running under him?

Yes, to be clear when landing on another fighter, the jumping fighter retreat 1 space.

Thanks for the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnnie C.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_yoshi wrote:
Blast resolve with their priority or when a fighter move into them. An opposing Blast will hit your fighter as soon as you enter a space and have the right position.

If you are knocked down, you are already on the same space, after your command you are either standing or crouching, and a low blast will hit. As you cannot have a card in play, it is unblockable but also does not cancel any of your action as you have known.

Similarly, you leap into an opposing high blast played the previous turn, you will be hit.

I apologize, but I now have lots more questions to clarify blasts for me and then some extra ones ---_-;;:

Questions Related to Blasts, Commands, and Knockdown:
1. So low blast token on the same space as a fighter Knockdown. Will always hit automatically on someone rising up from Knockdown at the Command Step?

2. Related to number 1, when you Stand up after getting knockdown, you have the option to retreat or advance 1. You will get hit by the blast token before you can retreat 1?

3. If you do get hit automatically when standing up and I assume you resolve the damage and secondary effects of the blast token, is the option to advance or retreat from Shift command removed (the command move is not a "move action" card)?

4. Since you get hit and resolve the damage from that blast (step 1) before both players play actions that turn (step 2), can you combo from that blast token hitting?

5, If you can combo from that blast token hitting, do we still go to Step 2 before both players reveal actions?

6. Power Slash causes Knockdown again before revealing actions. What are the next steps?

7. According to the Knockdown status card. The status of Knockdown is removed "after you play an action." Are Commands "kneel" and "shift" consider to be a "play an action"?

8. If not, the Knockdown status card mentions "you may not be targeted by any actions." Are blast tokens not consider actions?

9. Can you Draw a card if you don't move from the Shift Command? The wording on Shift:

In the Rulebook on Page 11
The player removes their position token from the board, Advances their fighter up to one space forward or Retreats it up to one space backward, and may draw one card after moving.

In the Rules Summary on back cover:
Stand. Then they may Advance or Retreat up to one space. Then they Draw 1.

10. When you get hit by blast token immediately after performing command kneel or shift from Knockdown status, will that cancel the ability to "Energize 1" or "Draw 1" respectively? (related to Question 3)

Questions Related to Combos and Duplicate Actions:
1. I was going through Candy's cards and it mentions that you can play Cola actions as a Command. So is it legal to play Dancing Cola as a command in Step 1, then play a second Dancing Cola in Step 2? Meaning I can move 4 spaces back and get 6 cards from it?

2. Is it legal to combo duplicate Actions? For example, Opening Punch to Opening Punch?

Related to specific Fighter Cards:
1. Danmaki Blast have its primary effect as a Low Blast 2 High Blast 1 icon without an "or" shown. Does this action puts two blast tokens on the board or is it a typo? If both tokens are placed at the same time does that mean it is possible to deal 4 damage total from it at point blank rabge (1 space)?

2. I think is just a small errata on ND-2000 Self-Destruct Overload secondary effect. Red font for what I think is missing:
"X equals the number of modes in your fighter area. Cancel your modes and this action at the end of the Challenge Phase."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akai_JVC wrote:
1. So low blast token on the same space as a fighter Knockdown. Will always hit automatically on someone rising up from Knockdown at the Command Step?
Yes
Akai_JVC wrote:

2. Related to number 1, when you Stand up after getting knockdown, you have the option to retreat or advance 1. You will get hit by the blast token before you can retreat 1?
Yes
Akai_JVC wrote:
3. If you do get hit automatically when standing up and I assume you resolve the damage and secondary effects of the blast token, is the option to advance or retreat from Shift command removed (the command move is not a "move action" card)?
No, you perform it afterward, including energize and draw.
Akai_JVC wrote:
4. Since you get hit and resolve the damage from that blast (step 1) before both players play actions that turn (step 2), can you combo from that blast token hitting?
No, you can only combo on blast played in the same turn.
Akai_JVC wrote:
5, If you can combo from that blast token hitting, do we still go to Step 2 before both players reveal actions?

N/A
Akai_JVC wrote:
6. Power Slash causes Knockdown again before revealing actions. What are the next steps?

Then, the fighter is knockdown again, but will lose the status after playing the action. The position is the one determined during the command.
Akai_JVC wrote:
7. According to the Knockdown status card. The status of Knockdown is removed "after you play an action." Are Commands "kneel" and "shift" consider to be a "play an action"?

No, they are command. When you play your action face-down, you remove the knockdown card.
Akai_JVC wrote:
8. If not, the Knockdown status card mentions "you may not be targeted by any actions." Are blast tokens not consider actions?

Blast actions do not target, they hit you when you collide with them
Akai_JVC wrote:
9. Can you Draw a card if you don't move from the Shift Command? The wording on Shift:

Yes, when using Shift you can draw a card but you dont have to.
Akai_JVC wrote:

10. When you get hit by blast token immediately after performing command kneel or shift from Knockdown status, will that cancel the ability to "Energize 1" or "Draw 1" respectively? (related to Question 3)

No, you do the command in full.
Akai_JVC wrote:
1. I was going through Candy's cards and it mentions that you can play Cola actions as a Command. So is it legal to play Dancing Cola as a command in Step 1, then play a second Dancing Cola in Step 2? Meaning I can move 4 spaces back and get 6 cards from it?

Yes, it is a Cola Dance Party!!
Akai_JVC wrote:
2. Is it legal to combo duplicate Actions? For example, Opening Punch to Opening Punch?

Yes
Akai_JVC wrote:

1. Danmaki Blast have its primary effect as a Low Blast 2 High Blast 1 icon without an "or" shown. Does this action puts two blast tokens on the board or is it a typo? If both tokens are placed at the same time does that mean it is possible to deal 4 damage total from it at point blank rabge (1 space)?

Two blast tokens and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnnie C.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. For me, how the Blasts. Knockdown, and Commands rules work around each other in this game is not as intuitive as I would like. Going to try to get some more games before Christmas is here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that, let me know how it goes after some practice.

Knockdown with blast on the same space is possible, and is actually quite fun to pull. But it is not a common scenario, as doing a combo after a Knockdown action is usually not that easy, and having the blast end precisely on the same space is even harder. Not impossible, but not common either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear- for the purposes of satisfying the conditions to get rid of knockdown, crippled, or dazed, is a player considered to have 'played' an action as soon as it's placed face down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
Just to be clear- for the purposes of satisfying the conditions to get rid of knockdown, crippled, or dazed, is a player considered to have 'played' an action as soon as it's placed face down?

Yes, this is correct, once you complete phase 2, you remove the status card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mode Lightweight says “while jumping, your actions gain Chain 1” but when is the exact order of resolutions?

The way I’m reading it is if you’re jumping you’re action will gain Chain 1 but after almost all non-Move actions resolve the fighter lands on the ground again which would cause it to lose Chain 1 do to Lightweight. So does this mode only benefit Move actions and the Head Stomp strike?

Or once an action gains Chain 1 from Lightweight does it not lose it when it hits the ground after the resolution of the action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the limitations on Aya's ability to change directions while resolving actions?

Could she, for instance, while using Sprint, advance two spaces, then turn around and double back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.