Subject: No ships left rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if it comes to your turn and there are no ships left? Do you get your character card back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Unfortunately, that's just the way that it goes, you just skip your turn. Mission: Red Planet can be brutal at times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Option #1: Sulk
Option #2: My way. You have your right eye twitch, you openly and loudly declare "Fine, I didn't even want to play that card anyway!", and you keep fuming as you pick the Saboteur for your next card without even looking at the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Option #2: My way. You have your right eye twitch, you openly and loudly declare "Fine, I didn't even want to play that card anyway!", and you keep fuming as you pick the Saboteur for your next cards without even looking at the board.

My declaration usually involves swearing but otherwise, yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Option #2: My way. You have your right eye twitch, you openly and loudly declare "Fine, I didn't even want to play that card anyway!", and you keep fuming as you pick the Saboteur for your next cards without even looking at the board.

I like your style. I add a little extra here where I helpfully point out where others can screw over the player who snitched my shuttle. 'oh don't forget you sniper here and get the majority', 'you could always redirect this shuttle to ______'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
styates wrote:
Nope. Unfortunately, that's just the way that it goes, you just skip your turn. Mission: Red Planet can be brutal at times!

You don't skip your turn. Your card will have no effect if they refer only to docked ships, of course.

Cards that affect Mars or ships that already launched will have their full effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patox wrote:
What happens if it comes to your turn and there are no ships left? Do you get your character card back?

This happened on our first turn of our first game ever of Mission: Red Planet.

It left a bad taste in our mouths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
styates wrote:

You don't skip your turn. Your card will have no effect if they refer only to docked ships, of course.

Cards that affect Mars or ships that already launched will have their full effect.

Well spotted. There seemed to be an implicit assumption that it was cards which only affect docked ships being considered but that was never stated.

So yeah, the character resolves as much as possible. If none of itseffects can resolve at all then your turn is wasted, but not 'skipped' exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
patox wrote:
patox wrote:

This happened on our first turn of our first game ever of Mission: Red Planet.

It left a bad taste in our mouths.

Well, this is kinda the point of the game: the jeopardy of playing more more powerful cards, but having to play them later. The risk for the reward is that the later you play you card, the greater the chance ships will be full or launched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.