Subject: The Deluxe Talisman Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there Talisman fans. I got sick of storing my entire 4th ed. collection in a heap of different box's so i came up with a box to store it all in.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2715397
(NOTE: i would have uploaded to BGG but it will not allow me to upload files to the talisman page.)

So if you have a laser cutter or now somewhere you can get stuff cut, then download this and store your entire 4th ed. collection in one place.

If you have any questions please ask away.

I will also be uploading a video this week show casing the box.

Cheers and I hope you all enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t know a laser cutter, but I sure wish that I did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Does anyone know an outlet in the UK that would cut this for me please!? It's awesome! Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
I rather like Talisman
badge
The Wanderer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! That's fantastic

Is there any news on when it might be updated to include The Nether Realms, The Deep Realms, The Firelands and The Cataclysm expansions?

EDIT - I've just seen the spaces for contents from the two expansions, so you need to update the list on Thingiverse, though the question still stands for the PoD expansions.

Btw - I notice you've spelt Remnant incorrectly in the file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmb
This looks amazing. Though I would prefer an insert that holds all the cards myself, for simplicity's sake. Great design!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jon,

I have updated the spelling on the Remnant Deck (Thanks for finding that.)

I have also added 3 new dividers to the design. the Tunnel, Bridge and Nether Deck. There should be room to hold these 3 decks in the one of the four card trays in the design. I actually don't have those expansions myself as I missed out before the GW FFG split.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pollard
Australia
Warriewood
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping someone like Daedalus Productions or The Broken Token would produce. Maybe I'll have to look into doing this myself. I'm sure there is somewhere around that will cut for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Draconius76 wrote:
This is exactly the kind of thing I've been hoping someone like Daedalus Productions or The Broken Token would produce. Maybe I'll have to look into doing this myself. I'm sure there is somewhere around that will cut for me.

Yer I was in the same boat as you. Luckily i have a laser cutter. So I spent many, many, many hours and made one my self. I hope you enjoy it, when you get it cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
talismanisland wrote:
Wow! That's fantastic

Is there any news on when it might be updated to include The Nether Realms, The Deep Realms, The Firelands and The Cataclysm expansions?

EDIT - I've just seen the spaces for contents from the two expansions, so you need to update the list on Thingiverse, though the question still stands for the PoD expansions.

Btw - I notice you've spelt Remnant incorrectly in the file.

If you manage to find somewhere that will make a few, I'm up for one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pollard
Australia
Warriewood
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was going to do this, what are the dimensions for the ply wood I would need?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Draconius76 wrote:
If I was going to do this, what are the dimensions for the ply wood I would need?

It is designed to be used with 3mm plywood, can be any type as long as its 3mm as all the notches are 3mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pollard
Australia
Warriewood
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sk8orpaint wrote:
Draconius76 wrote:

It is designed to be used with 3mm plywood, can be any type as long as its 3mm as all the notches are 3mm.

I realise the thickness is 3mm, but what length and width would I need. I have no experience with laser cutting and haven't got a program to look at the .ai file, so if the dimensions are on it, I can't see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Draconius76 wrote:
Sk8orpaint wrote:
Draconius76 wrote:

I realise the thickness is 3mm, but what length and width would I need. I have no experience with laser cutting and haven't got a program to look at the .ai file, so if the dimensions are on it, I can't see them.

You can use any dimensions that you need. But you will need vector software to move the parts around. There is a free open source program called inkscape that will let you move the pieces around to your specified needs.

I personally cut mine out on 405mmx300mm pieces of wood.

If you are getting the file cut by a business, they will be able to arrange the file into dimensions that will suit them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gleason
msg tools
mb
Do you have any plans to create other inserts for games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurchxe wrote:
Do you have any plans to create other inserts for games?

I have a far few insert designs which I have not uploaded. I use to sell them. I may upload a couple in the future. Was there one you where after?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gervais
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's what I made for storing my Talisman & expansions:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1948591/my-custom-talisman-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is really fantastic. Thanks for sharing the files, I'll absolutely be making one. However there's something I can't figure out from the images and that's how much spare room there is in the small card trays when full. Could you tell us how tightly packed they are/how much spare capacity there is in mm/cm please? I'm planning on printing the Lost Realms and also have a fair few homebrew cards already, so hopefully they would fit in the tray with room for 3 more wooden tabs. (Speaking of, what font did you use? I'll try to make the additions blend in. Then again, I suppose Comic Sans for the homebrew feels appropriate)

On top of that I'm thinking of adding wooden tabs for some of the expansion adventure cards too, so it's easier to keep track of what is seperated or shuffled in. If nothing else it would be worth trying to fit in a Bloodmoon, Firelands and Cataclysm tab since those are the main sufferers of dilution when permanently shuffled in the main deck.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was designed to fit the base game and all the 4th edition revised expansions. including the Print on demand.

If you are going to be putting more dividers and such in, I would recommend may be not getting the Terrain tray and the and only use half the character trays. then get 2 lots of the card storage cut out. Then you will be able to fit a A LOT MORE CARDS in.

As for the font, I can not remember what it was of the top of my head, but it is the font used in the book. I believe you can find it over at Talisman Island (The best website for anything Talisman).

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowman
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the box, really well done!

A couple small points: The .ai file only has quantity 3 part "T", but you need 4 to make all the interior boxes.

Also, the instructions do not include how to assemble the card boxes. This is pretty easy to figure out, but can also be tricky because if you don't pay particular attention, you can easily screw it up bigtime by not having the slotted tabs face the same way, or having the finger cut outs offset from the card dividers.

Just some food for thought. I'm finishing mine now. Really well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Stephens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3 T parts you are referring to are correct. 2xT go with part Q and the 3rd one goes with Part P. The parts that goes with each box are shown directly below it in the build instructions.

And sorry about the instructions, I cant believe i missed putting that one in.

Thanks for the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls