Brass: Birmingham» Forums » General

Subject: Several questions regarding game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J H
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I've been interested in getting an economic-themed game and while I was researching Brass, I just found out that this very awesome looking (and potentially upgraded?) game was on KS

I was excited to see that the KS was still open (unlike Clans of Caledonia which I was also interested in..) but I had several questions before committing:

1. When will this game hit retailers?

2. Do you have any idea what the retail price will approximately be?

3. The current KS options available were all "Deluxe" editions. Were there "standard" edition options before? Or is the KS backing only available for deluxe editions? (Sorry I've NEVER tried KS and don't know how it usually works)

Thanks for your answers in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Sometime around April-June 2018.

2. Probably around $60-70 USD

3. The Kickstarter edition comes with some nice bonuses like clay poker chips for money that will not be included in the retail edition, that’s why it’s called the deluxe edition. The game will play the same either way though, and it’s an excellent game, definitely worth picking up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

The game is very much upgraded. The original Brass (now known as Brass: Lancashire) was a truly fantastic game, but it was very unattractive to look at. Roxley has given it a complete facelift & it looks incredible.

If you can afford to, it's definitely in your interest to buy into the backerkit preorder to get the deluxe edition. In Brass, you're constantly handling your money & you need to stack it in a certain place on the board as you spend it, so the chips will be a very welcome improvement.

The original game (Brass: Lancashire) is a time-tested 10 year classic. Brass: Birmingham is the sequel, co-developed by Martin Wallace (the original designer) & the Roxley guys. I have no reason to doubt that it will also be excellent. I backed for both on the Kickstarter. But you'll need to do whatever you feel like is within reach of your budget.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the replies Phil and Louis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immanuel Aquino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to expand on the Deluxe comments:

Anything that you see on the KS page marked with a D foil stamp means that it won't be in the retail edition.

In addition to the poker chips for currency, you also get:

1. Black-dyed chitboards (vs the regular greys)
2. Thicker 2mm player mats (vs a 1mm player mat)

Very much this.

superman829 wrote:

If you can afford to, it's definitely in your interest to buy into the backerkit preorder to get the deluxe edition. In Brass, you're constantly handling your money & you need to stack it in a certain place on the board as you spend it, so the chips will be a very welcome improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.